New Irons

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Still pondering new irons and in addition to Callaway Apex and DCB, as well as Ping G425. I’m seriously considering Srixon ZX4 and ZX5. So has anyone compared the 4 to the 5 and what did you end up with and why.
Also anyone switch to either ZX model and what did you switch from, and your thoughts.
Cheers

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You have to try the Srixons..
The V sole isn't for everyone, if you're fairly neutral to steep on your AoA then they shouldn't be a problem.
If you're shallow then you can hit a lot of thins..
Assuming the V sole works for you then you won't go far wrong with any of them...
And the Srixons can blend pretty well too.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Srixons are great, have been playing 565s for 4 years. Tried all the new ones at a fitting and … TM P770! ;) These and 790s are magic ;)

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Thanks Imug, I’m fairly shallow and don’t really take a divot, it’s more of a brush so that presents a concern ?

Don't do yourself down, I think you're quite empathetic. ?

Seriously, I love my ZX 5s & I think you'd get on with them both. Knowing your game, I'd be inclined to go for the ZX 7s, don't think you'd be disappointed.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't do yourself down, I think you're quite empathetic. ?

Seriously, I love my ZX 5s & I think you'd get on with them both. Knowing your game, I'd be inclined to go for the ZX 7s, don't think you'd be disappointed.

ZX7’s, seriously…..that’s what Koepka plays, I think they’ll be too tough and intimidating for a mere mortal like me. However a fitting will prove how poor I am ?

TogoPresley

Visit site
Still pondering new irons and in addition to Callaway Apex and DCB, as well as Ping G425. I’m seriously considering Srixon ZX4 and ZX5. So has anyone compared the 4 to the 5 and what did you end up with and why.
Also anyone switch to either ZX model and what did you switch from, and your thoughts.
Cheers

I tried virtually every "game improvement" iron at a fitting - including Apex and Srixons. TBH - they are all pretty good, they all look decent too and none, even cheaper heads than those are out of place now. I ended up with Ping as I was already playing them and the 425 felt like a serious upgrade on the 400 and I have been delighted with them. Go for a fitting is the best advice and you can get the right shafts for your swing too as this is arguably more important than the heads. I ended up with KBS $-Taper Lites which are a big upgrade on what I was using in the 400 (Ping AWT?)