New irons advice

Bazzab18

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all

I am after a new set of irons. In your opinion which would be the best set between;

Callaway diablo
Taylormade 1.0
Nike SQ

Also, I wanted to post this question in sales section of forum (good vs bad websites) but I can't post a reply for some reason. Have a look at www.idealgolfstore.com
I feel the prices are too good to be true. Supposedly based in US but no postal address or contact number, free delivery anywhere....
Let ms know your thoughts.
Cheers

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
What irons are you currently playing?

As for the site, I'd avoid it like the plague!!

No postal address and only email and live chat contact details........ Stinks!

TM R11 irons at £279.99 and Scotty Newports for LESS than £80. I would definatley avoid.

Bazzab18

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi Gareth

Yeah looks dodgy doesnt it.
I currently use an old set of Nike slingshots.

I may give American Golf a little visit and see if they are willing to price match that website :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Site is definitely Chinese. Check out the Refunds Policy - mentions another site (...365.com) and goes thru a known chinese route ..hzs23.cnzz.com.

Avoid.

Best way to check those irons is to try them out! The ones that feel/work best are the ones for you!

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The irons you mention are of the same ilk as the slingshots,best bet go to a range try loads out and find the one you like and suits your eye,then get custom fit for them. Everyone likes different things or it would be very boring,me personally can't stand Callaway my mate loves em.

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The irons you mention are mainly aimed at new players or high handicappers. Have a look at the Cobra s2 forged. A few places have them under £300 with a wedge thrown in and apparently they offer great feel and forgiveness.

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
No real advice on the irons but just in case you're not aware, if you're importing clubs you'll have to pay import tax when you bring them into the uk. As others have said that website is definitely dodgy.

Bazzab18

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thank you all for your comments. I went along to AG and the chap was amused with my request of price matching from that website. R11s for 272... Not a chance. I did manage to get a few quick knocked off the burner 1.0s which I liked the feel of. Hopefully it goes well.

Thanks all