New Handicap review

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Hi,

Hopefully someone will know, read most a lot of England golf handicap stuff online but cant find the answer:eek:

With the new handicap limits, can an existing competition handicap be changed from say 36 to a lot higher like 54? or is there a maximum adjustment of 3 allowed (I read that on one items of their guidance?)

I ask as my mum has been increased from 36 to only 39 under the annual review, being truthful I think the most she has ever scored is low teens(13 points iirc) with a 36 hcap, so was expecting a much bigger increase , like to 54! If the max adjustment is 3, then how do we get her handicap to a more reasonable level ?:confused:

Many thanks.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The maximum of 3 is a guideline only

Sorry but I cannot find the Engald Golf referencesheet at the moment but the previous clause said that a players handicap should reflect the current ability.

and the clause which lists the 3 shot increase had a last sentence that the handicap committee should adjust the players handicap if they had better knowledge of the player involved.

Our largest increase was - one player went from 28 to 39.

I would recommend that she asks for a further review, assuming she has a good number of qualifying scores (we ask for at least 7).

If not the she should put in a supplementary score every time she plays and the committee have to review her if she has 7 consecutive 0.1 increases.

The whole reason we did not limit our increase to 3 shots is because of exactly the situation you are describing. It is just delaying the inevitable and would lead to us reviewing the same players time and again.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Found it

Should we review all handicaps that are 28/36?

It is recommend that all players currently at the maximum handicap are reviewed with a view to increasing their handicap to a level that reflects their playing ability. The software will allow such adjustments from 1
st January 2018. These players will have been identified in the computer-generated Annual Review Report, especially the new ‘All Members’ report.

What are the guidelines for adjusting those whose handicaps are at the 28[36] limits at year end 2017 and who have not had any reductions in the year?

Review the Performance Against Target (PAT) for those players from the Annual Review documentation. The following adjustments are recommended:

• • PAT > 3 but < 5 1 shot increase
  • • PAT >=5 but < 12 2 shot increase
  • • PAT 12+ 3 shot increase
Note: these are the recommended increases
– the Committee are best placed to review their players and should ensure any adjustments are appropriate.

D

Deleted member 21258

Thanks, will get mum to ask for an additional review. Wasn't sure what we could do or what the procedure was.

thanks