New EBay Delivery Service

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
EBay now have in integrated delivery service called Shutl. I used it the other week & they used the MyHermes service with the same drop off points. The prices are slightly lower than MyHermes. Today I sold a driver & noticed that I'd accidentally specified the 1 day delivery, which, using Shutl, was only £5.55, fully insured. I took it to my usual Hermes drop off point to be told they couldn't take it because it was to be sent using UPS. Brought it home & looked up the nearest UPS drop off, which turns out to be my local newsagent.

The service is easy to use. From "My EBay" you just choose "print label", the label appears & EBay automatically take the payment from your sale proceeds. Saves faffing about logging into MyHermes & typing in the address etc. etc.

For anyone averse to MyHermes this is a boon & compares with the £11 plus charged by Parcelforce.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
interesting....never heard about it, which given Ebay bombards me with daily emails I am surprised about it

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a putter up for sale now.

I noticed this and also noticed they are heavily leading sellers to this. There is no parcel force option easily available.

Although parcel force is expensive it is convient for buyers to nip to their post office to collect a parcel. I have had problems with other couriers delivering to me in the past.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have used it twice now, I am lucky that I have a UPS drop off point nearby however the system is easy, cheap and has worked well both times, so far so good.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Is there online tracking, or has to be a phone call?

Half answered my own question, it does show as delivered once it is. not sure about the intermediate steps though.

Last edited:

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't use Hermes if they were the last courier on earth. I'd rather drive the parcel myself. Parcel Force are expensive, but in my experience, reliable.

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To those who use parcel force, ask at a post office for a discount card. 15% off
I definitely will. They kept that quiet. Unless I missed something. I did get a 20% discount code off them through the post last week. Made a big difference too as I sold a Mizuno F60 5 wood on ebay for £7.00 !!! Every little helps!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
..... Parcel Force are expensive, but in my experience, reliable.

Not the PF idiot who tried to deliver a parcel yesterday to Weston Super Mare and claimed that he couldn't find the address even though it was clearly numbered with a 2ft square sign next to the drive entrance!!

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not the PF idiot who tried to deliver a parcel yesterday to Weston Super Mare and claimed that he couldn't find the address even though it was clearly numbered with a 2ft square sign next to the drive entrance!!
As I said, in my experience.
Unusual for driver not to be able to find an address, after all, it's his job, finding addresses. Probably more to it than that. Perhaps he missed it off his list by mistake, then tried to cover his mistake with a little white one.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't use Hermes if they were the last courier on earth. I'd rather drive the parcel myself. Parcel Force are expensive, but in my experience, reliable.

Human nature to be put off something by a bad experience, but one bad apple shouldn't mean you avoid apples for the rest of your life. There is not one courier that doesn't take a bashing for 'horrible service' at one point or another. Every single one of them has messed up enough to leave others thinking just the way you do.

I have not been stung by My Hermes yet (messed up by others) 70/80 parcels sent and received through them with not one problem.

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Human nature to be put off something by a bad experience, but one bad apple shouldn't mean you avoid apples for the rest of your life. There is not one courier that doesn't take a bashing for 'horrible service' at one point or another. Every single one of them has messed up enough to leave others thinking just the way you do.

I have not been stung by My Hermes yet (messed up by others) 70/80 parcels sent and received through them with not one problem.
Fair point, but if the apple was bad enough, I would avoid apples forever. ;)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really do not like tempting fate but I have been using them for nearly 5 years so far without a problem.

I look back at the amount of money gained by using them (better sales prices on ebay) and think that I made the right choice.

Last time I sent something by Parcel Force it never appeared to have been delivered according to their tracking system (luckily I was not responsible, just forwarding) and there has been many a time I have paid for 48 hour delivery (items due to me mainly) and not got it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure. Hermes once stung me for £10+ for a driver about 1" oversize. I paid up then once it was delivered opened a PayPal dispute. They didn't reply & I got my money back.

Where I take my parcels they have a measure on the wall and insist on checking before accepting the parcel. I have now learnt how to pack drivers on the diagonal to get inside the measurement.