New driver

CP1

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi All hope you can help

This is the second time I have tried to post this so will keep it short.

Driver Dilema

I currently have a Cobra SZ440 unlimited which I am told is illegal? not sure what that is about but hey. Im currently hitting good shots of about 280+ but mostly around the 250 mark when I hit it correctly of course. Its about 10 years old.

Now my bro in law has just changed his from a Hippo to RBZ and says that the he is hitting the ball more sweetly and longer than ever before and glad he changed,

My question is if Im getting this from my old cobra should I change? Or if I do change will I get more from the new club as well as possibly more forgiveness?

thanks

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
being on the non-conforming club list means that you aren't able to use that club in competitions, and also implies that it will outperform those clubs that do conform (this last bit isn't always the case, but in the context of your post it seems relevant)

only you can judge whether any particular club works better for you in the areas you consider important - just borrow your BIL's one as a start and go from there.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Reckon theirs been quite a few Taylormade drivers out since your Cobra was released,and every time they release a new model it is claimed to go 15yrd further than previous model. So you are going to be BOMBING it with a RBZ:whoo:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yes you should change to a conforming driver if you wish to play in competitions.

+1

And i's quite possible that you will find some more consistency too.

Certainly worth trying a few but, in the Cobra line, the ZL seems to be pretty solid and reasonably priced.

As for the distances you nad your mate hit, it's not the Driver that's hitting it! Have you tried comparing distances you and you mate hit when you use each other's Driver?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

CP1

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies all

I have been to AG this morning andf have had a look and a chat to one of the guys down there. He has recommended the RBZ or X hot driver. He only had the RBZ in and gave it a go, Hit fairly consitent shots with it according to the machine at about 200 yds but wasnt swinging hard so that bodes well. he will call me when the xhot is in and will try that too