New Driver

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The plastic hotel thing has somehow slid up a bit on the shaft of my driver and I can't get it back in. Our prov says it don't make a difference but it's a tad annoying. It's a Callaway. I love it. My question is, does the head make a difference to the shot shape, or is it the shaft and the settings you can change. This will help me decide if to update or try and get the same one

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If its the end of the adapter nearest the grip that's ridden up the shaft a bit all you need to do is take the shaft off the head, dip the end of thenshaft in warmish water for a minute. This should soften the plastic enough that you can push it back down and secure it with a spot of glue.
If it's the actual adapter that's moving then it needs repairing or replacing as the head could fly off..
Contrary to the belief of some, the head and the adapter can make a difference to shot shape and trajectory
The shaft has a lesser effect .
If the head is ok you can get replacement shafts quite easily on ebay..

Klimski

Visit site
To be honest your questions is a bit of a mystery. But if you are asking whether you should get a new driver because the ferrule has moved up a bit: No.

Any golf store should be able to reglue it in place, there's a ton of tutorials on YT to help fix this yourself:

Does the head make a difference to shot shape: Yes (some are more draw biased, some neutral some fade biased, low spin etc)

HPIMG

Visit site
My ferrule moved a month or two ago on my driver. I took it back to pro and he fixed it but it moved again last week. Pro said it’s just cosmetic and it’s fine to leave as is. So I’m not going to bother trying to move it again.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My ferrule moved a month or two ago on my driver. I took it back to pro and he fixed it but it moved again last week. Pro said it’s just cosmetic and it’s fine to leave as is. So I’m not going to bother trying to move it again.

One the problems is that the shaft only has enough of the shaft roughed up so the glue adheres well to fit in to the head or adapter. So the bit where the ferrule fits will often be on an unprepped surface.

Or just as importantly any glue residue from the original fit has to be fully removed else the new glue does not adhere properly.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine said that, but is this because they know it's difficult and can't be bothered?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest your questions is a bit of a mystery. But if you are asking whether you should get a new driver because the ferrule has moved up a bit: No.

Any golf store should be able to reglue it in place, there's a ton of tutorials on YT to help fix this yourself:

Does the head make a difference to shot shape: Yes (some are more draw biased, some neutral some fade biased, low spin etc)
Yes I see what your saying, but mine has an adjustment thing on it so isn't that thing correcting my slice. And if I just change the head, will that change everything.?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
If its the end of the adapter nearest the grip that's ridden up the shaft a bit all you need to do is take the shaft off the head, dip the end of thenshaft in warmish water for a minute. This should soften the plastic enough that you can push it back down and secure it with a spot of glue.
If it's the actual adapter that's moving then it needs repairing or replacing as the head could fly off..
Contrary to the belief of some, the head and the adapter can make a difference to shot shape and trajectory
The shaft has a lesser effect .
If the head is ok you can get replacement shafts quite easily on ebay..
Nope didn't work.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

Nope, neither did this.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Pour a hot kettle on to the ferrule should soften it enough to move, if not you could cut it off, get a new ferrule, very carefully cut in half and glue in place. I have done this before drivers were adjustable and shafts were glue in. Good excuse to buy a new one though

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by buying a new driver. If its the latest model, then, as it will drive the ball further, it will certainly cure whatever the ill.
For example, Donald trump apparently advised Putin to buy a new driver two years ago - join the carbonwood age Vlad, he said. He didnt buy. And now look at Ukraine.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by buying a new driver. If its the latest model, then, as it will drive the ball further, it will certainly cure whatever the ill.
For example, Donald trump apparently advised Putin to buy a new driver two years ago - join the carbonwood age Vlad, he said. He didnt buy. And now look at Ukraine.
I bought this one because it was straighter (a lot) than any other I have ever owned. Longer is not better imo.