New driver?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Still got the 915?

I had a 910 that I really wanted to be good at using because I loved the classy looks of the club. The issue was very much the wizard and not the wand!
No I upgraded that in September to a TS2 which I really like.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
M2 is a good driver, I'm just not a fan of white drivers, especially after they bounce up a gravel path after slipping out of your wet hands the first time you use them...... :cry::cry: You could just pick up anM2 head on Ebay under budget and stick your existing shaft in https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tayloade...020750?hash=item3db247470e:g:FG8AAOSwnF1f36oH
thats what i did just bought the head, lucky for me Mel would sell you his granny if he could still make a few quid from the sale:LOL:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
thats what i did just bought the head, lucky for me Mel would sell you his granny if he could still make a few quid from the sale:LOL:

I do like my M2 as a driver. I've chucked the odd club with intention, but that was a genuine accident. Was playing in a typhoon, leather glove was soaked, the club just slipped straight out of my grip mid swing and bounced about 5 times up the gravel path beside the tee. Was on its first outing in the bag, was absolutely gutted. Mrs wedge and Junior were in stitches..... , but the damage done to it (even worse with repairs attempted) is horrible, and I just hate looking at it at address.

Am very happy with the Cobra Speedzone I replaced it with, but I'm tempted to see what these guys can do with the M2 https://www.facebook.com/blingyourswing/

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
DON'T GUESS. Go to somewhere to try them. Indoor if possible with computer tracker stuff. That's what I did.
Ended up with Callaway X speed senior shaft, set at +2 draw when they were dumping them. Hit everything straight for 6 months. If I'd have got this driver 20 years ago..........

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I do like my M2 as a driver. I've chucked the odd club with intention, but that was a genuine accident. Was playing in a typhoon, leather glove was soaked, the club just slipped straight out of my grip mid swing and bounced about 5 times up the gravel path beside the tee. Was on its first outing in the bag, was absolutely gutted. Mrs wedge and Junior were in stitches..... , but the damage done to it (even worse with repairs attempted) is horrible, and I just hate looking at it at address.

Am very happy with the Cobra Speedzone I replaced it with, but I'm tempted to see what these guys can do with the M2 https://www.facebook.com/blingyourswing/
i didn't like the white on mine, so got a friend who owns a sign company ti put a wrap on it, i did post a pic on here when it was done about 4 or 5 years ago, but wanted to try a diff shaft a year or so later so took it off and didn't bother getting it done again. looked pretty good i though sort of Carbon Fibre look all over

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
DON'T GUESS. Go to somewhere to try them. Indoor if possible with computer tracker stuff. That's what I did.
Ended up with Callaway X speed senior shaft, set at +2 draw when they were dumping them. Hit everything straight for 6 months. If I'd have got this driver 20 years ago..........
Easier said than done at the moment though. Great feeling when you got to a fit and find something that works. Doesn't always work like that though

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve used a Mizuno S190 this year and really like it. Good value compared to other well known brands.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Although I think there is value in having a driver fitting, I think it's marginal gains (assuming the shaft being used is in the broad spectrum of acceptable shafts for your swing). I'm happy that the shaft I have is a good one for my swing speed and rhythm, and while I accept that there could be a shaft out there that is better suited, the difference will be marginal. Given my bad shot is a big block to the right caused by a swing path issue, there's not going to be much a fitting can do to help that - maybe it might be 1 yard less far into the woods?!

My view on fittings, and I respect that there are other acceptable views too, is that they help to identify characteristics of your swing that means particular types of shaft and club are better suited, e.g. shaft flex, high or low launch, but there's unlikely to be a single shaft / club combo that is scientifically the best given golfers of my ability (12 handicap under the old system) don't have a consistent enough swing for the data to be reliable enough to ever truly say what is best. So when it comes down to it, best just to have something that's in the broad range of suitable clubs and most importantly one that you really enjoy hitting - as actually the best way to improve the numbers is to practice using it until you're good at it (y)

Not wanting to totally de-rail my own thread.... but I think there is also some good placebo value in a fitting. It takes doubt about the club you're holding out of the equation and therefore the blame for bad shots sits squarely on the shoulders of the golfer using the club.

Anyway.... I think I'll keep my eye out for some second hand bargain TM heads flooding the market post Christmas and early Jan that I could swap on to my existing shaft. I'll let you all know what I end up with!