New clubs

AJK-1989

Visit site
Hi,
I’m after some advice I’m looking into some new clubs but don’t want to pay crazy amounts my handicap is currently 28 and I have a set of cheap Wilson’s but now looking to upgrade I’ve seen a Ben Ross HTX package set I like the look of but don’t know much about Ben Ross anyone got any feedback on if they would be any good for a high handicapper like myself or should I look elsewhere cheers

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi,
I’m after some advice I’m looking into some new clubs but don’t want to pay crazy amounts my handicap is currently 28 and I have a set of cheap Wilson’s but now looking to upgrade I’ve seen a Ben Ross HTX package set I like the look of but don’t know much about Ben Ross anyone got any feedback on if they would be any good for a high handicapper like myself or should I look elsewhere cheers
Welcome to the forum.

You need to identify your budget. Rough order of £££s ?. Are you bothered about whether or not you have a well known brand. Do you have any golf outlets close by to you that you’d prefer to use. Do you intend to have any lessons once you have your new bats?

AJK-1989

Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

You need to identify your budget. Rough order of £££s ?. Are you bothered about whether or not you have a well known brand. Do you have any golf outlets close by to you that you’d prefer to use. Do you intend to have any lessons once you have your new bats?

my budget is £500 and I’ve had a couple of lessons and intend to get a few more once I’ve got new clubs I’m going to get a a custom fitting aswell not fussed about using a well known brand everything I’ve read about the Ben Ross HTX clubs has been very good

D

Deleted member 23270

I would have the lessons first, get your swing grooved in a bit then look at new irons.

Jason.H

Visit site
If you were to buy a set of older irons like Mizuno MP30,s for like £150 or less you could use them for a year and resell them for the same money. And they were outstanding clubs that I used back in the mid 2000,s. Other irons are available. Personally I’ve never been a fan of new package sets I’d rather buy woods, irons and putter separately. Though they could be right for you personally.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
my budget is £500 and I’ve had a couple of lessons and intend to get a few more once I’ve got new clubs I’m going to get a a custom fitting aswell not fussed about using a well known brand everything I’ve read about the Ben Ross HTX clubs has been very good

Honestly cant stress the advice enough to get a few lessons before you buy any new clubs. Play for a while, find out what clubs actually need changing and then address that issue. New clubs wont make you a better golfer!

For £500 you can build a cracking set of used clubs (that will still hold resale value in 12 months) - I wouldnt buy anything new until after your custom fit too!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Benross HTX clubs seem the sort of clubs that would be ideal for you. But I would suggest you buy them 2nd hand - Ebay is a very good place to buy (and later sell) them. MP30s, suggested by someone above, are not designed as 'forgiving' irons, so might not be approprite as a next step. They do make some aimed at your level, but I can't remember which ones off-hand. Your 'teacher' should be a good source of advice too. But make sure you stress that you want advice, not him/her to actually supply them.