New Alignment sticks feedback

Which style do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lgran1sc

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm in the process of launching a small business creating hand made hickory alignment sticks here in the UK with a very retro feel to them.

Currently working through product finishes, designs and branding an wanted to get some feedback if possible.

I'm looking to launch with a small selection of core products then growing to provide custom designs, with 2 main styles at present -

- core block of colour with 2 contrasting stripes at either end
- core block of colour with 3 stripes through the middle

I have attached a few examples highlighting each style and added a poll to gather feedback.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-6zqPFW31XeJ.jpg
    imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-6zqPFW31XeJ.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 32
  • imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-EuPD36QwX6Inr.jpg
    imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-EuPD36QwX6Inr.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 33
  • imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-1l48cg9zMidW.jpg
    imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-1l48cg9zMidW.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 35
  • imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-QXl0Cs9DRhPyA1.jpg
    imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-QXl0Cs9DRhPyA1.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 30
D

Deleted member 1147

What do the stripes do?
Are they there for appearance only or do they perform a function?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have never worked out why people go to the expense of alignment sticks when a club can do the same thing.

I now about markings and all that but have found the steppings on the shaft and markings on the grips are perfectly adequate.

D

Deleted member 23270

The most important question is will they be cheaper than the ones you can buy in Sports Direct/AG etc?
After all, it's just a plastic stick.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The most important question is will they be cheaper than the ones you can buy in Sports Direct/AG etc?
After all, it's just a plastic stick.

Yeah & AG charge £10 for them

I think you can get similar plastic coated sticks from local garden centre for a pound each

lgran1sc

Visit site
Thanks for the feedback so far, very fair comments and I appreciate that it's a product aimed at a small portion of the golfing market and certainly not for everyone.

Sadly the stripes won't add to ur swing speed (belive me iv tried lol) the same as a tour bag won't make you a tour player.

Using hickory wood for me was a nod to the history of golf and certainly a bit nicer than cheap plastic but I accept ultimately functionality remains the same, hopefully like in many parts of life style/design plays apart in some golfers thinking when purchasing items as much as functionality/price does to.

Again cheers for the feedback so far it's greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
TBH i would say your target aud isn't in the Uk, the US is where your might sell some.

Wood nice as it is, isn't that great here, damp and wet, being layed on damp grass and left in a beg, swells and splits. Hickory players here wouldn't buy them, well i wouldn't. The market for high quality, artisan is the American visitor on the whole.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'd ask where you got your hickory, what diameter is it and what quality?

You'd stand much more chance of making money if the hickory was good enough for shaft replacement on old hickory clubs, if so I'd certainly be interested in buying a handful from you.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
TBH i would say your target aud isn't in the Uk, the US is where your might sell some.

Wood nice as it is, isn't that great here, damp and wet, being layed on damp grass and left in a beg, swells and splits. Hickory players here wouldn't buy them, well i wouldn't. The market for high quality, artisan is the American visitor on the whole.

Was thinking along the same lines. These sticks are commonly stuck into the ground during practice sessions. Are they easily cleaned or does the paintwork get scrabby though use.

I could give a set a workout in a harsh wet Irish climate if you need more feedback ;)

D

Deleted member 1147

To be honest, the person I can imagine buying these is Crow. But only if they were already 50 years old. So he can have vintage sticks to go with the clubs, bags and creaking body?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have never worked out why people go to the expense of alignment sticks when a club can do the same thing.

I now about markings and all that but have found the steppings on the shaft and markings on the grips are perfectly adequate.

personally prefer not to lay my clubs on the wet and dirty ground, you never know what causes pitting on shafts these days lol

that and its not possible to stick a club in the ground like you can a stick