Never three putt

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Bit of an office debate going on- How much money or what treasured belonging would you give away if it meant you would never three putt again?

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sorry to be a bore but I wouldn't give anything away in return for that. What fun would a second putt be if you knew you were going to hole it every time?! Holing nervy, downhill, breaking 3-footers is part of the game. I wouldn't want to give that up, strangely enough!

xander

Hacker
Visit site
i would sell his granny too!
but funnily enough i would kinda miss the agony of that tricky 5 footer sliding past for your par and making you want to tear your hair out!
i don't think there is a much better feeling in golf than holing a denis wise (nasty five footer) for a 1 or 2 putt!

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If i never three putted again i think i could do quite well on tour- so i'd pay a hell of a lot of money along with all of TrueBlues family including drogba and Cashley Cole.

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Imagine the cash you could make in bets. You could leave yourself at the other side of double greens, say to your partner/opponent: "bet I two putt." Agree on a couple of quid then top your first effort a couple of feet....then say: "want to up the stakes?" From 60 yards it's unlikely you're going to make it so you could probably get him to wager some ridiculous sum, then you can calmly roll it in...

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
I like your thinking mate - could you perhaps starting using the putter from off the green and then know that you will hole from anywhere on the course second go...! Imagine the galleries, could start a freak show Las Vegas Style...John Daly and your overswing are history!!