Neil Lennon leaves Celtic

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Never have Celtic been managed by such an odious, horrible, unlikable individual....well there was one other, but let's not go there. A very unpopular character in Scotland who won't be missed outwith the confines of the piggery. I pity the club that gets landed with him!

Don't know about never but he always reminded me of a street thug. Metaphorically speaking, I'd count my fingers if I ever had the misfortune to shake hands with him.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm guessing he wants go test himself at a higher level and manage a club where these is actually a challenge as opposed to a stroll.

Heard a few rumours that he is in the frame for the Norwich and West Brom job

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I understand not many away fans warmed to his analysis of incidents that didn't favour his team

That could be any manager in the world tho , could it not ?

I just dont think they guy is that good as a manager , have to admit i dont know much bout Scottish football , but i always found him to come across as an arrogant im a great manager type ..

Going to be 2 interesting developments (1) How the new manage fairs (2) How NL fares if he gets a job in England , my guess is he has one or he wouldnt be leaving Celtic

This is from a guy who thought Martinez couldnt be as good as Moyes.. so :(

C

c1973

So why is he a "such an odious, horrible, unlikable individual" then?

I just think he is based on the years of experience we have had of him.I don't want to get into it on here though. :)

Good riddance popcorn teeth. :)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
That could be any manager in the world tho , could it not ?

I just dont think they guy is that good as a manager , have to admit i dont know much bout Scottish football , but i always found him to come across as an arrogant im a great manager type ..

Going to be 2 interesting developments (1) How the new manage fairs (2) How NL fares if he gets a job in England , my guess is he has one or he wouldnt be leaving Celtic

This is from a guy who thought Martinez couldnt be as good as Moyes.. so :(

Yeah don't over think my post though I was just trying to word it in a way that wouldn't get me an infraction :D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Good riddance to him.

Never have Celtic been managed by such an odious, horrible, unlikable individual....well there was one other, but let's not go there. A very unpopular character in Scotland who won't be missed outwith the confines of the piggery. I pity the club that gets landed with him!

This is no another anti Suarez rant is it - I thought he was with Liverpool?? :whistle:

C

c1973

Don't quite get what's funny about using the word we. Most folks would understand what is being said I reckon. Have a nice day.

Mind ye, it is a worry cos they can't fail to get a better manager now. :(

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
From the outside looking in Lennon’s reputation as a manager was never higher when he took Celtic to the last 16 of the CL. This year’s campaign with a weaker side he was never going to emulate that success again. He will get no credit for winning the SPL at all, he might get some credit for a treble but all it takes is one slip or one bad decision and it’s gone.
If he is getting a smaller budget again, he might not make the CL at all and his reputation will take a further hit. Looking back he may probably feel he should have left at the end of last season.

C

c1973

Mallky Mackay has been mentioned as a replacement, but I hear ┴ɥǝ ƃɹǝǝu qɹᴉƃɐpǝ would like to see this little fella get the job...
leprechaun-hunt-for-kids2.jpg

;)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Henrik Larsson is the bookies favourite.

I can't see Lennon doing well in the EPL with a lower budget than he had with Celtic.
Underperformed at Celtic IMO.

I liked the earlier post that said 'Celtic could not even win the treble with no opposition'.
Perhaps a bit more though needed there?