Need new irons

VVV

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have a set of trusty old Callaway x14 irons but they have seen better days.

I'm planning on replacing them with a set of Ping irons but don't understand the dot colours or which dot colour I should be looking for?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
The dot colour relates to the lie angle, go talk to your pro even get him to lay down an impact board and hit a few balls to see what it should be then get the closet one from ping.

VVV

Medal Winner
Visit site
Cheers Chris.

I like the look of the G10 irons but not sure if anywhere would stock them now.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
No worries.

You might get a hold of them if you are just looking for a standard set but I think you would be fairly lucky.

VVV

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

Is custom fitting part of the price when buying a set of irons or additional?

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

Is custom fitting part of the price when buying a set of irons or additional?

Was free of charge at Gainsborough but I cannot speak for elsewhere. If you go to a Golf Pro shop though rather than AG or Nevada Bobs etc then you will stand a better chance of getting them to fit you properly FOC. What Handicap are you?

VVV

Medal Winner
Visit site
Was free of charge at Gainsborough but I cannot speak for elsewhere. If you go to a Golf Pro shop though rather than AG or Nevada Bobs etc then you will stand a better chance of getting them to fit you properly FOC. What Handicap are you?

Went up to 16 at the end of last season.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went up to 16 at the end of last season.

You are about my level then. The G15's that I use are a doddle to hit perhaps have a look at a set of those. The I15's may also be good for you I demo'd those as well but the added forgiveness of the G15's won the day. Both of these sets will be down in price now with the new models about to be released.

VVV

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think I would go with the G model purely for the forgiveness.

When are the 25's due out? I might hold out until then?

Cheers for the info by the way.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think I would go with the G model purely for the forgiveness.

When are the 25's due out? I might hold out until then?

Cheers for the info by the way.

The G20's are out now I think and the I15's are due mid Feb. Don't know what you budget is but you will be looking around £450 for a full set of either of these. No worries that's what the forum is for to help each out:thup:

VVV

Medal Winner
Visit site
The G20's are out now I think and the I15's are due mid Feb. Don't know what you budget is but you will be looking around £450 for a full set of either of these. No worries that's what the forum is for to help each out:thup:

I think you have just talked me into a set of G15's.

Going to buy them in April, hopefully they are reasonably priced. :)

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site

Dunno about that :mmm:

If you are near Derry there is a good crowd I would use.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dunno about that :mmm:

If you are near Derry there is a good crowd I would use.

Mine was a couple of years ago when I went. However the chap I bought them through said he would fit me free if I went for another brand. Places are that desperate for business in the current climate you should stand a chance. Not saying everywhere will do it but I am sure some will do a deal. It is a buyers market at the moment.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine was a couple of years ago when I went. However the chap I bought them through said he would fit me free if I went for another brand. Places are that desperate for business in the current climate you should stand a chance. Not saying everywhere will do it but I am sure some will do a deal. It is a buyers market at the moment.

It was a bit of sarcasm about the AG reference, I would always go to an "independent" pro rather than a chain. ;)