Need feedback on swing please

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hi Brooksie, welcome to the forum.
How are you playing with your swing? I'm happy to disect what you are doing if required/necessary :D

Looks like you have a pretty nice swing going there... What's your handicap? How long have you been playing? Why did you go with S&T as a swing?...etc etc

One thing I can see is that you release the club with your hands in front of your crotch and lose all the angle in your wrists. The trick with S&T is to keep the hands forward and hold onto as much right wrist angle as you can... almost looking like a cricket shot.

brook.gif

As you can see by these images (Yep, you're the second one from the left and that is Mike Bennett on the far right, the 'inventor' of stack and tilt) their hands are all in front of their left leg and they haven't released the club. All the power (and consistant striking) comes from moving your hips one way whilst your shoulders go the other, uncoiling of the body and the spring in the knees. No need to throw the clubhead at the ball.

Try to think of your hands staying in touch with that left leg as you strike into the ball.

As a second thing...
Notice in the picture also how the head starts to lean to the right but yours is staying straight up or even trying to tilt left...resisting the swing. Let the hips go left and feel the lean to the right with your whole upper body, including your head.

Hope this helps,
Regards....

brooksie

Visit site
hello there been playing for 35 years at 16 i was off 2 been steady at 9 for last 2 years though,thanx for feedback my reason for going s&t was my inconsistency with my ball striking and generally like the thought of staying over the ball with my size aswell it felt easier will have a go with your thoughts and upload the result hopefully

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I'm off on holiday until the 25th so I might be a bit late replying.

The thing with stack and tilt is you are trying to keep your spine STRAIGHT at all times during the backswing... not leaning over to your left. People think that the tilt part means tilt to the left - it doesn't. The tilt part is that you have to tilt your spine just to keep it straight! :)

I hope you get on with striking down into the ball, I'll keep an eye out for your vid if you get one.

regards...