Need all the help to progress (vid)

IHH

Hacker
Visit site
Dear All,

long time lurker, first time poster...
I have read many comments here in GM
finally hav the courage to post my swing

ok, my problems are (those I can identify with)
1) 'lift' at the top of my swing>loss Rt knee flex(worse on driver)
2) slightly out-in swing path

all comments are welcome.

thks a million.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXS7sRdDPsA

IHH

Hacker
Visit site
What's the problem? They all went straight! :D

Welcome by the way. And kudos for having the courage to post your swing on your first post!

thks. well, i figure if I want an honest answer, I hav got to bite the bullet, right?
I'll say 80% of my shots go straight but if my tempo is off or when I try to swing harder, I will end up with an awful slice. I am not 6ft4 and weighs 220lbs but I wish I can maximise the potential with what I hav. I am currently hitting 7i to low 150yrds but I know I can do better than that.
took some lessons last year and ended up played worse.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi IHH and welcome to the forum.
Great swing.
:)

If I was being extra picky, you're a bit flat footed at impact. Not a problem on the driver but with the irons, it might explain why you catch them a touch fat every now and then.
Have a look at your right foot at impact and compare it to someone off the tour. (lots of slow mo vids on you tube)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Welcome IHH.

I guess I must be wrong otherwise someone else would have mentioned it, but it looked to me like your feet are lined up to the right of where you're swinging to.

IHH

Hacker
Visit site
Hi IHH and welcome to the forum.
Great swing.
:)

If I was being extra picky, you're a bit flat footed at impact. Not a problem on the driver but with the irons, it might explain why you catch them a touch fat every now and then.
Have a look at your right foot at impact and compare it to someone off the tour. (lots of slow mo vids on you tube)

i hav always tried to keep my lower body quiet at impact, if u r referring to feet getting off the ground like the pros, i think I will hav a hard time doing that as it seems to me, they are going all out on those drives.

really appreciate comments fr you.

IHH

Hacker
Visit site
Welcome IHH.

I guess I must be wrong otherwise someone else would have mentioned it, but it looked to me like your feet are lined up to the right of where you're swinging to.

well spotted, i too had the feel when I saw the vid play back. not sure f it was the camera angle or me but definitely will pay more attention to set up.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
What I loved about those 4i hits is that as you've finished your back swing, you can see the ball just below the now horizontal club. Shows great consistency in flight!