Need advice for new irons....

NeilWebb

Visit site
Hi all
I need advice in buying new irons. I currently playing off 7. I use Taylormade rac ht irons, these were my first irons since I took up the game 3 years ago. I'm very consistent with all my clubs. I would like to get the new Taylormade TP irons. Any advice please, thanks.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Simples - try before you buy whether you go for a C/F or off the peg. Personally I'd try as many different makes and models as you can rather than focus on one. There are so many good clubs out there now to choose from

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got a custom fit and ordered the new TP's. Awesome clubs both in looks and flight.

Go get fitted and get them ordered lol

Andy

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
have a go of the new Callaway forged ones (not sure what they're called but they're all silver heads), tried them at a demo day yesterday & they were amazing, had to put them down quickly otherwise I would have been very tempted, unfortunately think they are about £800 though

Neil_ingle

Hacker
Visit site
If it's new irons you want then I would look at the mizuno range first.

I have just come from the ping G15's into some mizzies and love my new sticks in every way.

Try goto one of the national fitting centres where you will be able to try all the range and be look at the stats from trackman.

The feel of mizunos is stunning.

Neil

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it's new irons you want then I would look at the mizuno range first.

I have just come from the ping G15's into some mizzies and love my new sticks in every way.

Try goto one of the national fitting centres where you will be able to try all the range and be look at the stats from trackman.

The feel of mizunos is stunning.

Neil

+1

Mizuno have got to have the best range at the moment and off 7 I'd guess you can pretty much take your pick from the pure blade MP68, Semi blade MP63, Forged Cavity MP53 and the JPX Pro forged "GI" irons. Mizzy fitting centres also have a swing DNA gizmo that tells you the best shafts to try. Enjoy!