Near miss!

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Oooh, just avoided a very embarrassing and stupidly annoying mistake. :oops:

I'm all set and ready to drive to Horsely Lodge for a game of golf with the lads. All dressed, golf clubs packed, waterproofs sorted etc.
I'm just about to go out the door but decide to check the postcode on the email for the sat nav, when I spot that it's next week and not today...:eek:
My wife thinks it's hilarious, but I'm just glad to have avoided all the p'taking that would have happened when I phoned them up to ask them where they were!
Oh my days...

Anyone else done owt like this?

Visit site
At one of our annual meet-ups at Machrihanish - one year a mate drove down from Edinburgh - the week before :)
Another year he drove down on the correct day but had forgotten to pack his bats - he just bought a set at the pro shop - saying he needed to change his clubs anyway :p

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site

I'm all set and ready to drive to Horsely Lodge for a game of golf with the lads. All dressed, golf clubs packed, waterproofs sorted etc.
I'm just about to go out the door but decide to check the postcode on the email for the sat nav, when I spot that it's next week and not today...:eek:
My wife thinks it's hilarious, but I'm just glad to have avoided all the p'taking that would have happened when I phoned them up to ask them where they were!
Oh my days...

At least you realised a week early - better than a week late.
Worst I've ever done is forgotten to take my shoes to Notts Hollinwell - good excuse to buy a new pair though.

D

Deleted member 1147

Oh my days...

Good job you're not playing today - it's chucking it down

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I write down absolutely everywhere I need to be in the calendar on my phone. Even things that I do every week. If I didn't do that I wouldn't have a clue and I'd be asking other people every other day. I even write down when I've got a day off work booked, lest I sleepily wake up and log in like normal.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of our seniors once drove all the way to another course for a match only to find it was a home fixture. Round trip of about 60-80 miles.

D

Deleted member 1147

Friend of mine has a holiday home in Rock, Cornwall. He booked a fitting session at Titleist's St Ives facility, and gave himself approx 45 mins to get there. Only to realise that the post code he entered into the car satnav was in Cambridgeshire.

NearHull

Visit site
Took my wife to Liverpool to see Warhorse on our anniversary of 17/11/16 to discover that morning (in Liverpool) that the tickets were for 16/11/17.

went back 364 days later.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Friend of mine has a holiday home in Rock, Cornwall. He booked a fitting session at Titleist's St Ives facility, and gave himself approx 45 mins to get there. Only to realise that the post code he entered into the car satnav was in Cambridgeshire.
Get yourself down there and I'll pop down for a game at St Enodoc!

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We arranged a game at Murvagh (County Donegal) Golf Club a couple of years ago and a certain forummer who I won’t embarrass (palindromicbob) drove to Ballyliffin!

A mere 65 miles or so between the two clubs!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Managed to get 3/4 of the way home from H4H at Hindhead and realised I had left my golf shoes in the locker room. Sharp turnaround and fortunately Richart, his wife and organisers were enjoying a well deserved drink with their staff and so despite the clubhouse supposedly being locked as it was past closing time I could squeeze in and grab them