My swing

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
Awwww bless your kind soul ;)... I had three lucky hits on the vid ;p

Well my swing is a bit flat, not enough hip rotation and I have a high ball flight with not much run.

My target this season is to hopefully break 80.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
nice compact swing, I like it:thup:

only a couple of tweaks to mention and ignore them if your doing stack and tilt, you right leg could retain some knee flex and build some more resistance into the hips which in turn could help unflatten the shoulder turn a tad.

just my unqualified observation and maybe waaaay off but you did ask for thoughts and comments:rolleyes:

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
thanks Darth, I agree with the right leg could do with a little more flex, but I have an old football injury that hinders me slightly.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
That swing looks really good mate to be honest. You do not over swing on the way back, it looks nice and controlled on the way back then you accelerate the club at the ball without launching at it and have a good full follow through. I would not mess about with it too much. If you have any slight problems I am sure any decent Pro could give you a lesson and soon get rid of it as you have a great base for them to start from. The only thing we can't see on this clip is obviously your ball and hand position, would be interesting to see a video of that also.

markyjee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As others have said it looks pretty good, good tempo back and through, good finishing position and balanced. Thats what my untrained eyes see.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Even though it is pretty compact, you are so very close to getting the club all the way to parallel at the top. Tempo looks quick but smooth. Do you hit the ball afair distance?
were the first two shots high draws? The third looked a slight push with a fade. I can't slow the video enough to see what the major difference was. your takeaway on the last was square for longer than the first two.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nice tempo and backswing.

You have already mentioned keeping the back leg braced, you should work on this as it is creating a few problems. You are pushing your hips forward in the downswing which is causing you to lift up out of the shot, try keeping your butt back in the same line as it was at address, this will help to maintain your spine angle.

Do you have problems with fat and thin shots? Do you take a divot with your irons?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
any thoughts??? please leave a comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTjmqT5D6TU

many thanks:D

Looks great. My only thought is that you appear to set/hinge your wrists early in the move away. Not necessarily a problem but I think purists will tell you that wrist cock should be a bit later on. Here's a clip on youtube that is only food for thought. About 25 seconds on the clip, you will see that its almost a putting motion for the first foot or so with zero wrist break to that point. Some say dont hinge your wrists until over your right knee. Will tell for sure with a slow-mo side on camera view but thats how it looks down the line real time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s72KM6pCi-Y&feature=related

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
WOW thanks very much for all your constructive thoughts and compliments.
@ MadAdey, ball is centered and hands are in front of center.

@ CaptainRon, I actually don’t hit the ball that far (8i about 145 say). Yes, 1st 2 were high draws.

@ SocketRocket, I do hit the odd fat shot :-(

@ Sawtooth, yeah my wrists do hinge far too early... I must sort this big time. Thanks for the clip.

:)

S

Snelly

First, I am no expert so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

My thoughts are that your shoulder turn is not as full as it should be and therefore you are not completing your backswing. This could be why you lack power. Backswing is also a bit quick leading to a pretty fast transition from back to down at the top of your swing.

I would suggest trying to get your back more fully to the target at the top of the backswing when you are next at the range. Then start your downswing with shoulders first, letting your hands become active as you come down past halfway.

Just my observations but as I said, I am no expert on any swing other than my own.

Cheers,

Snelly.

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
First, I am no expert so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

My thoughts are that your shoulder turn is not as full as it should be and therefore you are not completing your backswing. This could be why you lack power. Backswing is also a bit quick leading to a pretty fast transition from back to down at the top of your swing.

I would suggest trying to get your back more fully to the target at the top of the backswing when you are next at the range. Then start your downswing with shoulders first, letting your hands become active as you come down past halfway.

Just my observations but as I said, I am no expert on any swing other than my own.

Cheers,

Snelly.

thanks Snelly, good observation and advice.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
In my opinion the thing you need to look at is how you roll the club open at the start of your takeaway. If you do that then you have to rely on timing to roll it back the correct amount on the downswing, too much and you've hooked it, too little and you block it... if you then try to swing harder/faster then the rolling back of the clubface becomes even harder to time properly. You need to find a takeaway that enables you to put your foot on the gas without consequence.