My Swing.

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I got my other half to do a quick video of my swing today, I will just mention (not making excuses) it's just the equivalent to my practice swing, I can't seem to keep my head still until I have a ball to focus on. It's only from one angle, 3 swings with a 5 iron then 3 with a driver. Any comments/criticism is welcome.
Photobucket

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Like smiffy said very difficult to comment when there is no ball there.

Set up looks ok but your first move on the back swing is to break your wrists.

Even though there is no ball there you are looking towards the target before you get to the impact area.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The swing looks quite good, but then, aren't all practice swings :)
I do have one question for you.
Do you have a small draw, a big draw or a hook?
Or is that 3 questions? :eek:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like your rythm seems nice and controlled.Like the other guys your head comes up miles to early you need to stay down on the shot.Nice to get the kids involved love your daughters "good shot".

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I like your rythm seems nice and controlled.Like the other guys your head comes up miles to early you need to stay down on the shot.

As above. That's why I asked it you topped the odd shot or two. Other than that it looks quite good but a ball is required.... ;)

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

My natural shape is a slight draw yes.

Does it ocassionally turn into a hook ?
Never a drastic one, but if im having a bad day it does begin to hook a bit. I thought this was down to my shafts not being stiff enough for when my swing gets a bit quick.
Is there something that stands out to you Bob that is causing that shape?

THJahar

Head Pro
Visit site
I did spot that with the iron your backswing almost reached parallel (3 o'clock), then you picked up your wood and it hit 1 o'clock (shorter)
Should be the other way round.
Edit: Actually ignore that just watched it again and it must have been the sky, they are the same.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

My natural shape is a slight draw yes.

Does it ocassionally turn into a hook ?
Never a drastic one, but if im having a bad day it does begin to hook a bit. I thought this was down to my shafts not being stiff enough for when my swing gets a bit quick.
Is there something that stands out to you Bob that is causing that shape?
If you are having problems with duffing/thinning, then worry about your head. If not.....dont.
If your not hitting it very far, think about not cocking your wrists too early. If your hitting it far enough, dont worry.
If your worried about it going too far left, check the position of your left hand. It looks a fraction strong to me
Apart from that, very good :)

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks Bob, thats very helpful as it means I wont try changing too much. I dont hit many fat/thin shots with my full swing (I save that for my pitch/chip shots), I generally hit the ball a mile, and my draw is something I allow for. Although the strong grip you mentionned is a recent addition and i'll go back to how it was a week or so ago.
I will still try and post one of me hitting balls at the range next time I go. Thanks for your insight Bob and others, there's a wealth of knowledge on this forum and I love the fact that you just have to ask.

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I generally hit the ball a mile, and my draw is something I allow for.

How do you get on at the 6th and 12th holes ?

Hmmmm, Well the 6th I can't remember not hitting the big tree on the right, other than on a couple of occasions I have felt confident enough to aim well left and set up for a fade and pulled it off. On the 12th I play it over the trees on the right with a 3 wood without too much trouble and im usually left with a wedge into the green.