My Prize Driver...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You'll, no doubt, remember that about this time last year there was a Callaway opportunity to be fitted for a new Big Bertha driver and get to appear in a Sky/Callaway commercial - and I won a place.
Nearly a year down the line and, whilst cleaning it, I noticed what appeared to be a small crack on the back of the head just above the red sliding weight track. About an inch long.
I wasn't sure what to do, not having paid for it in the first place I didn't have a retailer to contact. So I fired off an email to Cameron, the SocialMedia guy at Callaway to see where things stood.
Within hours he'd replayed with 3 options.
1. Return the club through my Pro for direct replacement
2. Return direct to him for direct replacement
3. Work out which current Callaway driver suits me best now and get mine replaced with that

Well, that's a no-brainer...its option 3 all the way.
As good as the 2014 Bertha is it made perfect sense to see if anything else was better.
I did some research and came to the conclusion that the latest Alpha 815 was the only viable alternative. I don't have the swing speed for the Double Black Diamond annd the V series feels too light. The new XR wasn't available and I'm not convinced by the new crown on it.

My club is a Callaway stockist and has a trial 815 on the shelf.
Several rounds later, including a pretty intensive session on a quiet part of the course one afternoon changing shafts, lofts, gravity core etc etc and hitting it against mine.
It was pretty clear that the 815 flew further, with a better flight and miss hits were heaps better. The only hard data I had was total distance - the 815 was, on average 10-15 yards longer. Much straighter too.

So, today I waved goodbye to my Prize and I await the arrival of a brand spanking new Alpha 815 9° with a stiff flex Speeder shaft!!
Free for nothing.

Quite frankly I'm staggered.
Because Bertha was a prize I kind of expected Callaway to either give me a reasonable discount off a new club or maybe send me an ex demo....
But no.
Brand New
Now that's what I call Customer Service.
Happy Days!

TheCaddie

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Phenomenal customer service. Approaching the Social Media guy was the right move. His job is to give the best image of the brand at all times.

ALL Firms are so Social Media conscious now that they any complaint on Twitter or Facebook,etc. is dealt with 10 times better than calling the customer service line!

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What a straggering way they've handled this. They might get you onto another commercial where you can tell the world about their outstanding customer service!!!!!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I was at Callaway yesterday and they really are a great company. I'm glad they've sorted you out but I am really not surprised.

Enjoy it Ian!