My new bad swing...

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
The story so far, I have went from 18-13 at the end of last season in two medals having managed to straighten up my drives from the old slice.

My new problem is I am now pulling a lot of drives straight left and not sure why. I am playing tomorrow and have amedal next week so I am looking for some tips to keep my drives up the middle so I can hit the ground running.

Ta in advance.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wouldn't worry about trying to fix it before a round. Play with what you have tomorrow and then hit the range if you need to fix it. Maybe a quick work post round with the pro might give some pointers

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
In the bad old days when you used to slice, you probably swung the club out to in with an open clubface. If you say you fixed the slice, your swingpath must have straightened out and your clubface too.
It sounds as if your clubface is still ok your swing has now sneaked back to going out to in again with the clubface pointing in the same direction...left.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Homer, I am just looking to find something to work on tomorrow during my round. I don't spend much time time practicing as I enjoy playing on the course far more than the range, although I will spend some time this year at the new short practice area at my course for wedge work.

Bob, cheers I will use that picture in my head tomorrow of keeping the club going straight to the target and see if that helps.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
It sounds to me like you are coming over the top but managing to square the club face. If you had lazy hands and do the same swing you probably go back to slicing.

May just be an alignment thing so square everything up, feet, hips, shoulders and club face.

Also a quick visual aid to help encourage an in to out swing path whilst on the course. Use the alignment mark on your ball and position at address so you can see it. Turn the ball only slightly so it is aiming right of target. When you swing try to swing along this line thru impact.

Bobmac headcover drill if you have time to practice before playing.