My i-swing !!!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been hitting a few hooks so at the range today I decided to play around with the i-swing app on my i-phone. Its been a while since i had a lesson.

I didnt realise how flat I had got in my backswing and I also thought I cleared my hips more than i do!!!....comments help , tips & drills appreciated...thanks

iswing2.jpg

iswing1.jpg

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I'm no expert. So I'm open to a flaming. From what I can see on the phone, you're going back on the inside when the club is horizontal, and coming down on the inside again. I too tend do this.

My reason for the hook from that swing was an overly strong grip. Which was the first thing I corrected. Secondly, my posture at set up was hunched, unlike yours. Which also contributed to a flat swing plane. So I tried standing a bit closer to the ball, not by much mind you. Next was the take away. I'd take the club away on the inside and often the clubface would be closed at the horizontal position, and consequently closed at the top of the backswing. All of which was resulting in a hook.

When I remember, my pre-shot routine would consist of a couple of half paced, half swings to check that the club is nit being taken back on the inside, and that the face us not closed. If I can get that bit right, then the downswing will generally be okay.

However. Since all these changes, the hook has all but gone. However. I'm now playing push fades!!

If it's not one thing, it's another.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
There's some good positions Junior but the still below concerns me.

Junior.jpg

I would focus on flattening your left wrist and forearm at the top of your backswing. and the locked right knee isn't ideal.
Try fixing them seperately and see if it cures your hook :)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It might not be important (Bob? :)) but it looks to me like your left wrist bows the other way (opposite to the top of your swing) on the takeaway, causing the club to be way on the inside.