My first handicap

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Get on the course as soon as possible and play Comps if you're happy to do so. Measure your expectations to begin with but most of all enjoy it!!!

jamiet7682

Visit site
I Would put them in as soon as possible. I just got my first handicap a few months ago but kept putting it off ended up getting 29 bit gives you something to work at! Also what's the course like at mearns castle only used the range a few times!

I like the course, def set up for beginners as fairly straightforward but a nice mix of holes.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One thing to note

You say you have taken up winter membership, if you do not continue with membership when it ends or join another club you will no longer have a handicap.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just do it. It really doesn't matter what you're allocated when you put the three cards in, but getting involved in playing competitions and trying to get the handicap down. There is no need to feel intimidated and I am sure you'll find the people you play with will be supportive and in my opinion, its really the only real way to put all that hard work into practice