My best ever

funkyfred

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had my best score ever with a round 86 yesterday (net 61)against a par of 71. My old record was 90 (about 6 years ago) and my best this year was 92. It was only in a bounce game but I am walking on water at the moment. :) :)

I went out in 41 gross (net 29) and 25 points (I had scored 12 on Thursday night) and that includes 2 three putts, but I did have 5 single putts. Home in 45 gross (net 32) and 21 points and that includes a blob on the last when I drove into the water.

I had 33 putts and a 75% ratio on sand saves (3/4) My GIR was 5/18 which is quite good for a 25h/c. My playing partner was delighted for me as he has seen me struggle quite often a number of times.

I knew I had it in me, as many people have said to me in our competitions (that I enter regularly) that you should be playing at a lower h/c, its just getting it together in one round which I managed yesterday.

Now trying to arrange a game for Tuesday night, before I go in for my second eye (cateracts) operation on Wednesday, as I might not be able to play next week-end.

Go on doc let me play, I feel fine, honest I do. ;) ;)

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Congrats.
I too had my best round in recent times a few days ago.
Like you, I have health problems and my last medal round was a disaster followed a few days later with an emergency admission to hospital. Now in a controlled state I am building my strength for the next effort.
Hope your op goes OK. I am waiting for the date for mine.