Music Downloads

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This is something i have never done before and as i now have a portable media player i want to add some new/different music to what i already have.

What i want to know is which music download sites are the best in terms of reliability, cost and genre of music available. I have no preference to any particular type of music so i am sure some of you good folks will be able to point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Russ

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I personally use Limewire. It's free, unless you want to upgrade to the "Pro" version (which I haven't)...

http://www.limewire.com/

Some people report that it (along with other file sharing sites) is a virus breeding ground, but fortunately I have never experienced any problems during my 3 years of use.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I personally wouldn't touch Limewire & the like with a bargepole,it will get you eventually...

If you download Utorrent & then go to sites like Torrentz or Mininova,you can download practially any full albums you want. Depending on your connection,you can download an album within 10 mins or so.

Very handy for films & TV shows,too.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cant do it guys, only ever used I Tunes. My mates are all using LimeWire and love it but it just seems wrong to me.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I too use Utorrent and use mininova, piratbay torrentz.com etc.

Some really good private sites out there too that require you to seed back what your D/L.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
If your Broadband is via VirginMedia beware of Torrent downloads, they have startd to target Torrent users rather than P2P.

You could be getting the letter thru the box...

Andy

marmar

Club Champion
Visit site
Sometimes you find that the torrents listed have been moved but the trackers haven't been updated. Also, look for a high number of seeds when choosing a torrent to download, the higher the number of seeders and the less leechers means you'll be sharing the download with fewer people and get a better download. (legal note - so i'm lead to believe, I've never touched a torrent in my life guv)