Moving your weight forward

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive been guilty of reading too many tips articles and watching plenty of videos on YouTube but I think I've identified a problem my setup today

I have found I am too flat footed in my setup whilst at the range today, and the minute I moved my feet back a fraction and my weight forward I found I had more flexibility and control over all clubs. I also slowed my backswing down and allowed my hips to trigger my downswing.

I'm not saying every shot was perfect and exaggerate distances but I found the ball was coming off the face more consistently. im gonna have another few range sessions on this before heading back out onto the course and hopefully it will pay dividends

Has anyone else found this helps/has been a problem of theirs?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You should feel athletic in your stance, ideally on the balls of your feet as opposed to weight on the heels.

The downswing must start from the lower half, hips/legs then upper body.

So what you're doing is exactly right and what a pro would recommend.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers DV, that's good to hear.

I was planning on a round today but just didn't fancy it and was passing time on t'internet when I came across a few video drills which made sense. Me and the wife had to collect our car from a friends house and the range was close by so decided that was the way forward and I was so glad I did