Most holes you've played with the same ball?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Max would probably be 36 holes, but that would only have happened once, maybe twice. After 27 holes, if I still have it, the ball tends not to be so great so either gets left by the practice ground for someone to hit or by the 18th for a junior to take at the end of the round. I'm still very happy with 18 out of a ball, although my current course is more forgiving on that front.

At 46 holes that ball must be in a poor old state. Well done though.

Is Newbiggin more generous on the ball front, ie less places to lose them, or are you playing well at the moment?

3 rounds at Arcot, and 1 at The Bridlepath. Was meant to be at Newbiggin today but switched to Arcot as the Met Office was saying 21mph winds with 30+ mph gusts at Newbiggin. It was a lot calmer at Arcot, but got pretty cold, would have been perishing at Newbiggin.

Fairway protection came into place at Arcot today, so will play more at Newbiggin from now on, and particularly when Arcot goes to winter greens which will happen next month most likely.

I'd say you're more likely to lose a ball at Arcot than Newbiggin. Very different courses, Arcot has lots of trees and bushes, and wayward drives get punished on quite a few holes. Newbiggin is wide open, not a single tree, and the rough is not too bad at the moment.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I played 6 rounds of golf with the same pro v in a week long tournament last year, got a hole in 1 with it, shot 4 under the 1st qualifying round and just kept using it, won the tournament. 2 strokeplay qualifying rounds and 4 match play knock out rounds(none of which got to 18 holes in fairness) ball was actually not too bad considering, i still have it

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Picked up a lost ball on one hole, put it in play and kept it for four rounds where I played well. Ended up sticking it on Ascot race course and proceeded to play crap thereafter. Had to be magical powers in that ball. Seriously though, is it just me (probably) but are there some balls you use that just seem to "work" and it all clicks

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm up to 36 holes with the same ball, which I don't think has ever happened. That includes hitting a couple of provisionals where I thought it was long gone.

Have to say, I'm impressed with the Bridgestone E6. I was given a pack by someone at a fitting day who said to try them out over the winter and it's a great ball.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
18. I always start a round with a new ball, always - its the only superstition I am aware I have

Usually the same 18 holes then into the practice ball bucket in the shed.

Although I don't use Pro V.

Snell, Bridgestone or TP5/TP5x

Ragamuffin Gunner

Medal Winner
Visit site
Can I make a claim for “least likely 54 holes with one ball”? Earlier this year, I managed to use one ball to get around Lahinch, Ballybunion and Doonbeg on consecutive days. Yes - I was surprised too.