Most holes you've played with the same ball?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just worked out I've been playing with the same ball for the last 46 holes, lost the previous one on the 8th 3 rounds ago, didn't bother playing another as I couldn't score, so this one was first hit on the 9th.

It's a cheap and cheerful Slazenger and is in a bit of a state, but I'm loathe to put it in the practice bag - I've been playing well this past week, so it feels lucky!

No doubt will lose it this afternoon, it will be a sad moment if so.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s a very rare occurrence that I manage to get a full game with the same ball. Don’t remember ever playing 2 games with one.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Only like 23 holes at my home course, which isn't great. Playing partner completed his 3rd round on Saturday with the same ball.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Max would probably be 36 holes, but that would only have happened once, maybe twice. After 27 holes, if I still have it, the ball tends not to be so great so either gets left by the practice ground for someone to hit or by the 18th for a junior to take at the end of the round. I'm still very happy with 18 out of a ball, although my current course is more forgiving on that front.

At 46 holes that ball must be in a poor old state. Well done though.

Is Newbiggin more generous on the ball front, ie less places to lose them, or are you playing well at the moment?

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I do remember a few times when a ball lastet me for several rounds, but most of the time I lose one on the first hole, either oob or in that (add expletive of choice here) pond in front of the green. After that I usually settle down and my second ball has a good chance of lasting me the rest of the round. But with all the leaves on the fairways at the moment, I find it difficult to find my ball even after a good shot. When I played with my parents on Saturday, we lost so many balls that we joked afterwards that we would have been better of to just dump a dozen balls into a pile of leaves to start with and head for coffee straight away. So 46 holes with one ball at this time of the year are quite an acclompishment.(y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I once played 9 and a half consecutive rounds with the same ball. (Nine lots of 18 and one round of 9.) Then on the next round I teed off the 5th and put a massive crack in it. So if you're counting it by holes that would be 176. This was around October to December last year, but since then a ball has never lasted more than 2 or 3 rounds before being lost I don't think.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Probably not a good time to be thinking about this with so many leaves on the ground. One of my PP's yesterday lost a couple of balls in places that in summer he would have found without any problems o_O

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I too tend to play the same ball round after round if fate permits. Can last quite a few rounds. I will eventually try and retire it before I send it to visit The Great Slazenger in the Sky.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
in summer i would get two rounds 3 at most from a Prov1, comp and two bounce games before i bin it, too scuffed by then to us again. in winter not bothered, on my 6th round with the pink supersoft lady and that still looks OK

D

Deleted member 1147

Probably not a good time to be thinking about this with so many leaves on the ground. One of my PP's yesterday lost a couple of balls in places that in summer he would have found without any problems o_O
Before teeing off on saturday morning a fella at my place came over and asked us if it was true that if you can't find your ball under the leaves you can just drop one around where it should be and carry on (no penalty) :unsure:(n).

No wonder we get so many good winning scores in our winter league :eek:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm thinking a lot of people posting here are playing purely on crazy golf courses :unsure:. That or your courses are like the ones on the tv from the US where no one EVER loses a ball.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I once played 9 and a half consecutive rounds with the same ball. (Nine lots of 18 and one round of 9.) Then on the next round I teed off the 5th and put a massive crack in it. So if you're counting it by holes that would be 176. This was around October to December last year, but since then a ball has never lasted more than 2 or 3 rounds before being lost I don't think.
Wow - that's some going off 22! There is water in play on 14 holes at my home course - I will never get anywhere close to that!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow - that's some going off 22! There is water in play on 14 holes at my home course - I will never get anywhere close to that!
Yeah, I couldn't believe it myself. Hell of a lot of luck involved obviously. No matter where I put it, when I thought it was a gonna, it just kept turning up. Like tossing a coin ten times and getting tails every time, not impossible just very unlikely. :LOL:

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember a few years ago I had a Nike ball in my bag with a Heineken logo on it. Not sure of the origin, but likely picked up on the course and was defiantly in the category of 'second hand when I got it'

I would start my round with a Srixon Soft feel ball - but if I lost that ball, I would then put the Nike Heineken ball in play, not wanting to risk losing 2 new balls in one game. I think I did this for 3 or 4 rounds and remember thinking this is my lucky ball and would manage to find it, even when I'd hit a wide or was in thick rough. The ball had been in my bag for a while and I would have used this at other times prior to this.

I ended up using it on a practice one night, as the only second hand ball in my bag, and carved it right into thick rough on the 2nd hole. I spent properly 10 minutes walking through that rough and was devastated when I had to move on.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sad news to report. Got all the way to the 18th today with the same ball, hit a decent drive, then hit my second into a ditch that was full to the brim with leaves. Spent the full 5 minutes searching for my faithful old friend, but it was a hopeless task. Still, 64 holes without losing a ball, got to be happy with that!