Most Expensive Golf in Britain???

D

Deleted member 25172

would depend where i'd imagine and who you got to do it... cost us over £1M for 3 new greens and some bunkers in the middle of the fairways:rolleyes: that was Mackenzie & Ebert and our staff did most of the work, i shudder to think how much they would charge to build a whole new course:unsure:

So the main cost was then "consultant" fees to Mackenzie & Ebert for re-designing the greens and bunkers?

I just can't get my head around how it can cost that much on an already existing course. It's just an insane amount of money.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
So the main cost was then "consultant" fees to Mackenzie & Ebert for re-designing the greens and bunkers?

I just can't get my head around how it can cost that much on an already existing course. It's just an insane amount of money.
they did the shaping on the greens and bunkers, Oh and made a huge mess everywhere with vehicals ..all the turf and filling in and building new reveted bunkers was done by our GS

D

Deleted member 25172

they did the shaping on the greens and bunkers, Oh and made a huge mess everywhere with vehicals ..all the turf and filling in and building new reveted bunkers was done by our GS

I’ve no clue about course design, but does sound like a thing that could be done way cheaper but still get the same results. I hope you and the rest of the members are happy with the final product though!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-course/ardfin

Course sounds pretty special - not sure if they will open up to green fees as well as hotels but sounds like it will be expensive on a different scale

I know someone who has played it and he said it is world class for the experience alone. I know a couple who have walked it and they were impressed with the design and use of land.

Sadly not a course I can see myself ever getting an invite to. My friend knew someone who was working on the course and even then he couldn't swing a game.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just about I would think, 25 years ago it was £40k a green as a base level from the main contractors
Scared the pants off a few farmers who came to me for advice on building new courses on their land

Around that time I built a 9 hole course plus small pro shop/toilets/entry drive/services etc for £300,000
Took a while to settle in mind.:love:

I remember loading the armour stone they built up areas of The Carrick course with @ Loch Lomond, original ground must have been wild.