Most embarassing moments in pro golf

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
From the cringeworthy to the damn right embarassing, from the van de veldes of this world to Davie Jones Topping one off the teebox at the open (I think it was the open.
Feel free to add to the above, Video links are a bonus!
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=1dR1pkCGY80 ---- Van De Veldes madness at Carnoustie... even before it became Carnasty!

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How about when titgers caddy steve lobbed his 9 iron in the lake. Think that was at ryder cup K club.
I remember when Ian Poulter shanked it a couple of years ago!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd forgotten how bad J v d v's effort was! Silly lad, just goes to show TAKE YOUR MEDICINE!
I thought (my memory was wrong!) he was in the water all the way....after 1 he could've laid up, knocked it on and 2 putted for a 5!
Thanks for posting this....he's been such a good bloke about it.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
According to a free mag I picked up today, Sandy Lyle recently took 5 airshots on the way to a 10 at Valderrama -!
(Okay I once took that many getting out of a bunker - but I think he has a tad more experience - ?)

AliB

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Some of you will remember that when Justin Leonard won the Open he was followed by Prince Andrew in the final round. In his victory speech he said that Andy was a ''Prince of a guy''. Went down like a lead balloon and made me cringe even though I was 400 miles away.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
In fairness to Sandy, he was trying to play the shot left handed, if we tried that 5 air shots would be a result!!

Dave