More Vandalism

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our green keeper just told me that Crowood GC, has had some of their greens really badly damaged by dirt bikes.
We've been lucky so far with a few fishing and a couple of picnics, few members do walk the course so maybe that helps

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Cowglen on the south side of Glasgow has had fires set on three of its greens on Sunday night.

6th 14th and 15th greens all badly damaged by utter cretins. Whatever possesses people to build 3 separate fires on the greens and light them?

I blame that MP tweeting for access!!!

???

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cowglen on the south side of Glasgow has had fires set on three of its greens on Sunday night.

6th 14th and 15th greens all badly damaged by utter cretins. Whatever possesses people to build 3 separate fires on the greens and light them?

I blame that MP tweeting for access!!!

???

I reckon they've probably been caused by portable BBQs. Pictures look hellish

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I reckon they've probably been caused by portable BBQs. Pictures look hellish

Horrendous.

This is straightforward arson. The green on a golf club has cost just as much, probably more, than many properties or cars to build and maintain.

Going to be almost impossible to find and convict people though.

D

Deleted member 17920

Horrendous.

This is straightforward arson. The green on a golf club has cost just as much, probably more, than many properties or cars to build and maintain.

Going to be almost impossible to find and convict people though.
And if they did catch them and manage a conviction then its not worth worrying about.

The pictures are incredible, I feel for the club.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
And if they did catch them and manage a conviction then its not worth worrying about.

The pictures are incredible, I feel for the club.

I'm no greenkeeper, but I actually think they look far worse than they will be to repair.

I've been a member at Cowglen and they have 2 decent practice greens and a 'spare hole' that might be maintained to sufficient standard that they can just patch everything up reasonably easily and re-seed one flank of a practice green.

I reckon the dirt bikes will be far worse in terms of the amount of damage done to various corners of a course.

Problem is that now it's happened and the vandals have gotten a rise from it, going to be very difficult to stop it happening again with the courses remaining empty.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I get the feeling that the reporting of all this can make it worse.

I think the only way to stop this is decent quality CCTV, which is not only expensive but often very difficult to set up on a golf course. And even then, if people cover their face I don't see that there is much that the club or police can do.

Not vandalism thankfully, but we've had the general public have picnics and meditating on the greens. The fairways I understand, but the greens?! :ROFLMAO:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
And now we've been done at LBGC??

Played yesterday and found the 7th green has been dug up in four or five patches. Just played today and found the 5th green been done too. Both greens are at the same edge of the course, sometimes get teenage urchins walking down that side mouthing off. I had to chase some off a while back as one attempted to defacate on a practice tee, wouldn't surprise me if it was the same little f!%#$?s.

Not a lot we can do right now, it's away from the clubhouse, quite a quiet corner, out of sight of anyone unless your playing the holes. Short of staking it out.....