More money than sense - or a bargain?

T

thecraw

Total fake for me.

It looks like the Titleist badge on the back has been stitched on. There is no mention of the "good cause" and I saw a place online last week where you could but Juneirah hats!

I wouldn't even pay that for Scarlett Johanssons thong that she'd been flossing with!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
didnt some one come on here a few weeks back claiming to be connected in some was to rory, and he had a load of rory hats that he could prove were legit. i think there were only about £99.00 each, which in comparrison were/are cheap:thup:

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why would you want it though? He's never worn it, signed it or anything personally, so why should it be worth much?

It's basically the equivalent of a replica football jersey. If I went out and bought a Barcelona shirt and had Messi's name and number put on it, could I sell it as Messi's shirt for £500? no.

It says Rory donated it, but I would doubt he's ever touched or laid eyes on this actual hat before.

At least if it was one he'd worn, it would have some provenance that added some sort of value.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
To be fair to the guy the bidding started at 99p. As you say though, its a hat.
I wonder who it is though as it is someone in my town.

The third one that is now up for grabs says 'reserve not met' so bidding didnt actually start at 99p.

The first one went for £100.

Madness, Madness they call it Madness........

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
Why would you want it though? He's never worn it, signed it or anything personally, so why should it be worth much?

It's basically the equivalent of a replica football jersey. If I went out and bought a Barcelona shirt and had Messi's name and number put on it, could I sell it as Messi's shirt for £500? no.

It says Rory donated it, but I would doubt he's ever touched or laid eyes on this actual hat before.

At least if it was one he'd worn, it would have some provenance that added some sort of value.

With a barca shirt with Messi and number 10 on they can be bought all over the world.

Aparently this type of hat cannot be bought anywhere thus the price goes up.

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
I just sent a message to the guy who is selling the hats on ebay asking what the good causes are and could he send me proof and details but all he says is its for sports relief.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120878213016?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I'm not on twitter but if anyone knows Rory's twitter I reckon it would be a good idea to let him know what is going on and to see if it is a scam or not as the next hat is already at £200.

Last edited:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone paying that for a hat may as well wear it.........They'd need it to cover up the hole that their brain fell out of :(.....