Montgomerie Maxx, Belek

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Am off to Belek on Saturday with family for half term and am staying next door to this course. Been thinking about having a game one day if the weather isn't great. Made some enquiries, got quoted 165 euro for a round and club hire. Buggy is extra!

Seems pretty steep but it is hosting the Turkish Open the following week, so am guessing it must be pretty decent.

Just wondering if anyone has played it, and if it's worth that sort of money? (I know it's an all-inclusive course, so you can eat and drink as much as you like, but tbh am not bothered about that as we are staying in a 5* AI in any case.)

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was in Belek in May this year, we didn't play this course but the ones we played were great, I bet you can negotiate a better deal than that when your there. Enjoy your holiday they really know how to look after their guests.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was in Belek in May this year, we didn't play this course but the ones we played were great, I bet you can negotiate a better deal than that when your there. Enjoy your holiday they really know how to look after their guests.

Cheers. We were there in May as well, played Titanic and Nobilis. They are not the top-notch ones, but both were very nice. I got quoted 170 for a round at Titanic next week! (to be fair, it did include clubs and transport, but even so ... )

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers. We were there in May as well, played Titanic and Nobilis. They are not the top-notch ones, but both were very nice. I got quoted 170 for a round at Titanic next week! (to be fair, it did include clubs and transport, but even so ... )

We played Gloria Old, Carya & Lykia links, all good courses. Try Gloria for a deal on a round

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The Montgomerie is good enough but nothing spectacular in my opinion....should be in top notch condition mind if its hosting the Turkish Open the week after but, given the price tag, my guess is that you might come away a tad underwhelmed...even allowing for the fact that it includes club hire. I wouldnt be surprised if you could get it a bit cheaper when you are there and checked in to the hotel.

(I've been to Belek golfing for the last three years in May and we play the Monty each time we go as we stay at the Voyage next door to the Maxx Royal hotel. Its a nice wind down course (in that it isn't awfully long or difficult) at the end of a week of golfing (and drinking).

The Sultan, Gloria New, National and Carya are all much better courses than the Montgomerie....we played the Sultan as an extra round this year, booked at less than a days notice and it cost €120. I also particularly like the Sultans sister course the Pasha....its a bit shorter but requires a bit more thinking your way around and good positional play.

With the exception of the Lykia Links, all the Belek courses are pretty much within 10 minutes of each other so it could be worth ringing around a few of them to see what deals they offer.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yeah, we are staying at the Voyage, so the Monty seemed like the easiest option, particularly with the free shuttle from the Voyage.

These are the quotes I got, from someone who was recommended to me. I know this is the most expensive time of year, but they are pretty eye-watering. The hire clubs are nothing special, Wilson Staff Di7s, and like you say, the transfers are a ten minute taxi ride.

1 round 18H at Montgomerie Golf Club
All Inclusive concept at Club House
Set of golf clubs to hire
(Complimentary golf shuttle providing by Voyage Hotel)
170 EUR (euro)
*buggy providing for an extra surcharge

1 round 18H at Titanic Golf Club
All Inclusive concept at Club House
Private return golf shuttle
165 GBP (pound)

1 round 18H at Carya Golf Club
215 EUR (euro)
** all food and beverages - extra surcharge

1 round 18H at National Golf Club
205 EUR (euro)

1 round 18H at Kaya Palazzo Golf Club
170 EUR (euro)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Staying at the Voyage is ideal as the buggy ride just takes you through the fence that separates the resorts. The Clubhouse is fantastic (take advantage of the food and drink) and the course is OK. It's a decent enough course and will be in great nick with the Tour being there the following week.
There is one strange bit though at the 8th (par 3) which sits right next to the resort water park, and then the path from the 8th to the 9th is long and winding through the villa residences.

Couple of decent par 3's with big water carries though.

jmcp

Visit site
I played a couple of rounds at each of the Carya, National and Montgomery earlier this year and if I was to go back again, I would love to play Carya and National again but wouldn't rush to play Montgomery again.

Cheers, John

19th hole

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'd agree that National and Carya are better courses.

They look after all of the courses so well out there that you can't really go too far wrong.

jmcp

Visit site
Montgomery Maxx has floodlights which is great when you have a late tee off which we did for our 2nd round but, when you wear prescription distance transition lenses like I do, it is like playing in pitch darkness as the floodlights fool your glasses into sunglass mode and you can't see a thing lol

Cheers, John