Mizuno tp-9 and refurbishment

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

So I decided to bite the bullet and get them refurbished, reason being that they'll last a lifetime and are iconic clubs to me.

I sent them off to Andy at Golf Irons UK ltd and got them stripped back and redone with ceramic and new grips. I went through all the colours that he offers and decided to go with a classic/boring silver with white/blue detailing.

They arrived today and they're exactly what I wanted, will give them a hit this weekend.

And yes, I know they are non conforming for competition.

Photos:. https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/D6BVGvLW3fowJs4hC44zLyPzjkHbIxx64oajsyAP0fs

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So I decided to bite the bullet and get them refurbished, reason being that they'll last a lifetime and are iconic clubs to me.

I sent them off to Andy at Golf Irons UK ltd and got them stripped back and redone with ceramic and new grips. I went through all the colours that he offers and decided to go with a classic/boring silver with white/blue detailing.

They arrived today and they're exactly what I wanted, will give them a hit this weekend.

Photos:. https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/D6BVGvLW3fowJs4hC44zLyPzjkHbIxx64oajsyAP0fs
Fantastic!!

D

Deleted member 18121

Must be my lack of empathy for modern clubs but I much prefer the chrome look.

I agree that the chrome looked better, but was a far more expensive process than the ceramic so opted against it.

There were some amazing black/yellow/orange options too but I thought staying with a more classic look was better.... No point in me having ultra flashy clubs then clumping it around the course 😁

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Can I ask why?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Waste of time and money, that finish won't last as soon as you start using them.

I can understand people collecting/wanting old school irons but to then do that defeats the purpose in my opinion. However like everything if the owner is happy with them who am I to criticise?

A project is fun.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I agree that the chrome looked better, but was a far more expensive process than the ceramic so opted against it.

There were some amazing black/yellow/orange options too but I thought staying with a more classic look was better.... No point in me having ultra flashy clubs then clumping it around the course 😁

I have a set of TP-9s in the garage. How much did your refurb cost, if I may ask?

D

Deleted member 18121

I have a set of TP-9s in the garage. How much did your refurb cost, if I may ask?

It was £280 in total.... so completely stripped back, re-cut grooves, ceramic all the heads, painted in any colours you wanted, new ferrules, new grips, clean up of the shafts and then delivery..... that was for 8 clubs (4-SW).

Honestly, it was a little more than I was planning on spending but the supply/fit of new grips was £50 in itself.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
What sort of condition and how much would you want for them, if you ever think of parting with them?

They're in pretty decent condition to be honest, except the sand wedge which has rusted on the sole as the chrome wore away from use. I have 3 - SW, but they don't have grips. I'll send you some pics at the weekend.