Mizuno swing DNA cost?

tagnut69

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi how much does it cost to use the Mizuno swing DNA thing? My old man is looking for a new set of sticks and a local place said it would be £20 but that would be knocked off if the clubs were bought from them and £50 if you want the numbers to keep again, this would be taken off a set of Mizuno clubs.
This is a small indipendent 9 hole place not a chain store like american golf. Does this seem reasonable?

Cheers

Chris

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Doesn't seem to bad at £20 but £50 to keep numbers is taking the mick a bit.

The Greaves in Glasgow want £30 to get fitted on the ping nflight. I begrudge the money but it's the nearest fitting place as I'm looking at the i20 :/

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi how much does it cost to use the Mizuno swing DNA thing? My old man is looking for a new set of sticks and a local place said it would be £20 but that would be knocked off if the clubs were bought from them and £50 if you want the numbers to keep again, this would be taken off a set of Mizuno clubs.
This is a small indipendent 9 hole place not a chain store like american golf. Does this seem reasonable?

Cheers

Chris

The basic DNA (3 swings) should be free of charge, in my opinion, and they should give you the numbers and shaft recommendations. If they won't do that, find someplace else that will.

The Mizuno National Fitting Centre session costs £50, but that is 60 minutes long and they have all the equipment and options available there.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
£20 to make 3 swings, a bit steep. Like Ethan says the high fee should be for a full bag fitting. For £50 you get an hour and half at Ping HQ. Ask him why so expensive, and let him know that people on the forum think it extortionate too, he may let you off with the £20 if you tell him you'll put a good word in the forum ;)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I had the DNA swing from my local pro and he didnt charge me a penny, think its deffo a bit steep !

I agree, and my pro did it free. It literally is 3 swings and look up the readings on a chart. I didn't buy Mizuno's after that and even going to their fitting centre at New Malden but everything was free.

It would be a bit like charging to test drive a car for me - if you want the sale you have to give me the best opportunity to want the goods.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had a go with the DNA gizmo twice; once at the Glasgow fitting place (now closed I believe) and once at Lothianburn Golf Club. It was free of charge both times.

MizunoGreyhound

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've had a go with the DNA gizmo twice; once at the Glasgow fitting place (now closed I believe) and once at Lothianburn Golf Club. It was free of charge both times.

Same with me. I went to several places as I thought the readings were dubious, but four places with the readings all very similar and shaft recommendations all the same convinced me that there must be something in it. All DNA tries were free. Yes, I did buy Mizuno shockingly enough:whoo: