Mizuno MP H5 2 iron

seochris

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As Mizuno don't do a 3 iron in the JPX 850 forged range i was thinking of one of these. An MP H5 2 iron.

Anybody got one and whats it like?

I do have a 3 iron Ping Hybrid and while i love their woods just cant seem to get on with the hybrid, so was thinking of a different strategy for 190-200 yds....

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No worries. I tried his which is why I brought mine. But back to back testing and I felt It just didn't sit in my bag right.

My current set up is 3w 16*h 20*h 4i-PW

There was a space but it would have sat between both hybrids and I didn't think it was needed. I can hit high and low shots with the 16* hybrid

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been thinking about similar for myself.

Have a tendency to really hook hybrids when not going to well. Don't get me wrong I can hit a high hook with an iron but that is becoming a rare occurance these days.

Looking at the prices for these driving / utility irons. Some are the price of a decent 2nd hand driver.

I was contemplating just buying a SGI 4 or 3 iron instead.

Will I see a marked difference in performance between say a Callaway legacy driving iron and a new great big Bertha long iron?

The look the same sort of size and shape.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
MP H5 are only £79 new at golf depot......

Snainton golf were selling some on ebay at similar price, not sure if still available tho....??

Last edited: