mizuno JPX 800 pro's

A

Alex1975

Great irons, very long... just a little too chunky for what I was looking for.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I tested them at Mizuno's but didn't like the look at all, they were far too chunky for me and I bought Titleist AP's. In fairness they were ok to hit though

Chris

Neil_ingle

Hacker
Visit site
What do you mean "sound very ping for mizzies"

is this a good or bad thing?

currently playing G15's, like them but wondering if there is siomething a little better

A

Alex1975

currently playing G15's, like them but wondering if there is siomething a little better

I dont think I would go from G15s to JPX, they are pretty similar. I would not consider it an upgrade as such.

T

thecraw

PM Bunkers, he has a set, however I'd look at I15's and S56's, once Ping is in the blood its nigh on impossible to shift it.

Ping custom fit is the business as well.

DCB

Visit site
I was on the look out for something a bit more forgiving and easier to play with. Tried the JPX 800s and the JPX 800Pro's along with the MP53s. The JPX 800Pro's did it for me. I have to say I had considered moving to the dark side and had contemplated the Ping G15s as a possibility, after all, I'll be elligible for our seniors open this summer ;) Anyway, the sole of the JPX 800Pros was considerably thinner than the G15s and I felt able to get a cleaner contact on the ball with them. If you do try them, get DNA measured and you'll get a good idea of what shafts suit you very quickly. Excellent piece of kit Mizuno has there.

I've certainly been happy with them out on the course so far. I'll leave the Pings 'til next time......... maybe ;)

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You've got a very good set of irons there in your G15s.

Having tried both the G15s and JPX800s, I wouldn't say one is that much of an upgrade on the other.

I think you should be asking yourself what you think you're missing from your G15s?

Bunkers

Head Pro
Visit site
I can only say positive things about these bats. Great feel, easy to hit and impressive distance. Fitted for free by Mizuno and was really impressed by the experience. Iron play has improved significantly in only the 3 months i've been swinging them. I'd definitely put them on your short list of "must tries".

Ray

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site

to me they sounded very dull and flat, not all what I had expected of a forged club. they also looked pretty chunky - admittedly that might be something to do with the dark heads.

that I also tried them with a (Mizzie DNA recommended) KBS Reg didn't help - felt like a bit of re-inforcing rod

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I was very keen on new irons as the in laws and my mum were going to club together for Chrimbo. I had my heart set on the I15's and kept trying them and liking them but the JPX800 pro were the only thing that ran them close. Having come from Cally, and TM Tour Burner I'm not overly worried about a thicker topline and thought they sat well behind the ball. The performance was really good though even on the off centre ones with a nice flight (not too high). They were perhaps shorter than the I15 but I put that down to the forged face and a difference in loft.

If you could get the Mizzy machine that works out the best shafts as you swing as well so you know what may be the best combo then I'd definitely be giving them a go. Personally I'm holding out for the new TM forged offering before making any decisions about changing