Mizuno irons

Dannyc

Visit site
Looking for some advice regarding going back to mizuno irons I did have a set of mp 54s thst were bought from a friend looking back I loved the feel of them clubs but after having a lesson the pro at my club checked the lie angle as I was struggling with pull shots they were quite a bit out the mark on the tape was closer to the heel than the middle so off I went to Titleist for a full fit not really understanding the feel of the mizuno irons was important to me at that time I ended up with tmb 4 and 5 irons then ap2s upto 9 then 3 wedges I’ve had these for 2 seasons now and seen my handicap come down from 12 to 5.5 but my head keeps saying go to mizuno for a new set as deep down that’s what I want to play with but after 2 pretty successful seasons at the local course would it be a waste of money and is the feel of mizuno really that much different to Titleist

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
firstly its the Indian not the arrow as far as coming down is concerned, but i find when i have tried Tit irons the difference in lie angle just doesn't suite me (standard lie standard length with Mizuno) bu the newer JPX are 1/2 inc longer and the lie angle is the same as AP2, so might be worth looking at those.

Try them and see what you think...

PS i have MP4 and i found those as forgiving as the JPX 825 i had prev and way more forgiving than the Mp62 i had before

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Danny and welcome.

Personally I think there is a significant difference in the feel, Titleist never feel as good imo. It sounds as though you are going great guns, a drop from 12 to 5 in 2 seasons is very impressive! I guess the question is why do you want new irons, because if it's to help improve the handicap then it's difficult to say if new clubs of any description will actually make much of a difference to the very good clubs you have. If, however, you feel like you'll enjoy the game more with those sweet-feeling Mizzys then you my friend are toast and you may as well book yourself into a Mizuno fitting centre today because that itch will need scratching.

I am riddled.

:devilish:

Dannyc

Visit site
firstly its the Indian not the arrow as far as coming down is concerned, but i find when i have tried Tit irons the difference in lie angle just doesn't suite me (standard lie standard length with Mizuno) bu the newer JPX are 1/2 inc longer and the lie angle is the same as AP2, so might be worth looking at those.

PS i have MP4 and i found those as forgiving as the JPX 825 i had prev and way more forgiving than the Mp62 i had before

Looking at my email I still have from Titleist i was fitted standard loft and 3 degrees flat lie angle I really like the look of the sc irons but the reviews on them are that they ain’t very forgiving I’m told that I strike the ball very well so as u can imagine I’m lost what to do

Dannyc

Visit site
Hi Danny and welcome.

Personally I think there is a significant difference in the feel, Titleist never feel as good imo. It sounds as though you are going great guns, a drop from 12 to 5 in 2 seasons is very impressive! I guess the question is why do you want new irons, because if it's to help improve the handicap then it's difficult to say if new clubs of any description will actually make much of a difference to the very good clubs you have. If, however, you feel like you'll enjoy the game more with those sweet-feeling Mizzys then you my friend are toast and you may as well book yourself into a Mizuno fitting centre today because that itch will need scratching.

I am riddled.

:devilish:
Thanks I was hoping someone would say that👍
It’s all about the feel with mizuno for me I knew straight away once I had the Titleist that I had made a mistake it took me a good few months get over it before I started playing well with them and to be fair they are decent clubs but after 2 years I’m still thinking the same so looks like I’m going have take your advice 👍

Dannyc

Visit site
any recommendations for mizuno fittings out there I live in stoke on Trent and don’t mind traveling to the right person as i travelled 3 hours to the Titleist centre down south

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Afraid I can't help you chap but will follow the responses with interest, if I manage to put the bucks together this year I'll go looking to visit myself. The MP54s I have were bought online and did me proud for the first year or so, but my swing speed has increased and last year the regular shafts did me no favours. I need to move to stiff (according to a very short fitting I had at American golf following my driver fitting) and would probably go to a Mizuno centre if I was spending that sort of money...

Here are the main centres, following this link

When canvassing for personal opinion you'll get a wider audience in the Lounge, I had a search for "Mizuno fitting centre" using the Forum search above and didn't turn up much recently only a guy won a fitting at Bearwood lakes through the forum. No idea if that's a good centre or not though. Best of luck!

Dannyc

Visit site
Cheers for that there is a couple on there not to far from me just need except it’s going cost me some money and get it booked up ready for the season ahead 👍

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
RE lie angles

Just take a look at the manufacturers websites for the specs

I have had 2 degree flat with other manufacturers but my Mizzies are their standard lie.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at my email I still have from Titleist i was fitted standard loft and 3 degrees flat lie angle I really like the look of the sc irons but the reviews on them are that they ain’t very forgiving I’m told that I strike the ball very well so as u can imagine I’m lost what to do
Why do you want forgiving clubs if you hit it so well.
Your irons suit you or your game would not have improved so much .
So new irons yes maybe to rest that itch but don’t sell your present ones until your sure they are better.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
any recommendations for mizuno fittings out there I live in stoke on Trent and don’t mind traveling to the right person as i travelled 3 hours to the Titleist centre down south

Tour x golf in Wigan is very good but not cheap.
Easy drive just up M6.
He does all clubs not just
Mizuno.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I also think Mizuno only offer X (not many)amount of shafts, there are a couple of fitters that have a head only deal, so any shaft an any head, there is a guy in Edinburgh, Scott Gourley has this, but might be able to find one in England , if the stock shaft options are not enough for you

D

Deleted Member 1156

Why do you want forgiving clubs if you hit it so well.
Your irons suit you or your game would not have improved so much .
So new irons yes maybe to rest that itch but don’t sell your present ones until your sure they are better.
Even tour pros use forgiving clubs so no reason why a club golfer shouldn't?

Dannyc

Visit site
Evening
It all comes down to the feel of the mizuno I understand I could carry on with the ap2s and really prob should
But that itch keeps itching 🙈👍
My handicap coming down has more factors than just the fitted irons I started on 16 4 seasons ago I’ve always played golf but playing football took priority so never joined a course and never had a proper handicap until then lessons on my swing and chipping has helped also spending most summer nights up the course just hitting balls chipping and putting with a pint on the practice area have all helped

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Evening
It all comes down to the feel of the mizuno I understand I could carry on with the ap2s and really prob should
But that itch keeps itching 🙈👍
My handicap coming down has more factors than just the fitted irons I started on 16 4 seasons ago I’ve always played golf but playing football took priority so never joined a course and never had a proper handicap until then lessons on my swing and chipping has helped also spending most summer nights up the course just hitting balls chipping and putting with a pint on the practice area have all helped

Get that, just keep them until your sure of your Mizzys.
Hope it goes well.

Dannyc

Visit site
Thanks
Most people I have spoke to locally have said the same as u why are u even considering changing them 🙈
I reply with i can still remember striking them mizuno’s
I’ve always new I was going change back I was just after people telling me mizuno’s are better irons 👍