Mizuno Fitting

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did you get charged for pureing?
Of course he did. Its the biggest con in golf. Puring is never going to make a noticeable difference to a shot. There is no evidence to support it. Just check out youtube for multiple tests. The only people that advocate for it are the people that charge for it.

evemccc

Visit site
So if I understand correctly, to sum-up, some people think puring is a waste of money, others think it makes a noticeable difference

The so-called best independent golf fitters do it (I believe)…Precision, Golf Principles, and Scott Gourlay….so what does that prove?? If anything?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
So if I understand correctly, to sum-up, some people think puring is a waste of money, others think it makes a noticeable difference

The so-called best independent golf fitters do it (I believe)…Precision, Golf Principles, and Scott Gourlay….so what does that prove?? If anything?
I don't have a problem with it personally, but I do have my doubts in that you would expect carbon fibre shafts to all be made to a very tight tolerance ( though I could be wrong) so I'm split on it. But why would places bother if it didn't have some merit??

Albo

Visit site
Here we go, ?? I had three pured some time ago and found it made a huge difference to two of the 3 clubs done, the one that didn’t change was effectively pure before it was pured, if you get my drift.

For those not familiar with the process, there is apparently an orientation in which the shaft, particularly a graphite shaft, will perform most consistently and the process identifies it and the club is assembled with that spine in the most favourable position. The club I which I noticed little difference only moved about 5 degrees, so was almost there before we started. The other two which improved dramatically move the alignment substantially, somewhere in the region of 130 and 160 degrees from memory. Apparently less noticeable in steel shafts.
I got new clubs pured so had never hit them before, maybe there would have been a world of diff between them had they not been, i’ll never know.
But from the previous set of clubs which to my knowledge were not pured to these, I don’t notice anything.
Maybe my swing is too inconsistent who really knows.
In my opinion it can’t hurt to get it done, but I’m not sure what it gave me

Jason.H

Visit site
I tried Mizuno irons out at my home club. I knew I wanted pro 225,s but tried 4 different shafts and opted for true temper s300 105,s. I actually bought a set off eBay to save having to wait.
I got fitted at Affordable Golf in Irvine for my TSR driver. Was a good experience imo.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Of course he did. Its the biggest con in golf. Puring is never going to make a noticeable difference to a shot. There is no evidence to support it. Just check out youtube for multiple tests. The only people that advocate for it are the people that charge for it.
Yes, its like club fitting in that regard.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site

That you can get people to part with their money for practically anything ? Moon beams in a jar.

Skytot

Visit site
Hey guys, I'm Iain, new to the forum. Been back playing golf now for 3 months after a loooong layoff?
Question:
Anyone know the best place to go, in Scotland, for Mizuno fitting?
I'm liking the look of the new JPX923s to replace a 20yr old set of Wilsons.
Thanks ??
Hey guys, I'm Iain, new to the forum. Been back playing golf now for 3 months after a loooong layoff?
Question:
Anyone know the best place to go, in Scotland, for Mizuno fitting?
I'm liking the look of the new JPX923s to replace a 20yr old set of Wilsons.
Thanks ??
I think Gleneagles will be your nearest Mizuno Performance centre .

Highland Tour

Visit site
Ok.
To update the thread,
Gleneagles are a Mizuno Performance Fit Centre.
1hr session for irons. Separate sessions for other bag items, eg woods.
They can also fit other brands like Ping, so you can get a comparison. Fitting fee is halved if you order clubs.

Skytot

Visit site
Ok.
To update the thread,
Gleneagles are a Mizuno Performance Fit Centre.
1hr session for irons. Separate sessions for other bag items, eg woods.
They can also fit other brands like Ping, so you can get a comparison. Fitting fee is halved if you order clubs.
How much have they quoted for fitting ? Birkdale said £75 and they knock it off the price if you buy off them .. BUT I’ve not received my bill yet .

Smokey Lomcevak

Visit site
In that case, keep your ear to the ground. Being a wannabe geek, I’ve just watched this weeks TXG live Q&A, and Ian Fraser gave a very strong intimation that there will be a new fitting facility in Glasgow in approximately the next 6 weeks. It was all a little vague but no doh t more details will emerge soon.

evemccc

Visit site
In that case, keep your ear to the ground. Being a wannabe geek, I’ve just watched this weeks TXG live Q&A, and Ian Fraser gave a very strong intimation that there will be a new fitting facility in Glasgow in approximately the next 6 weeks. It was all a little vague but no doh t more details will emerge soon.

I’m not really sure if it’s Club Champion or TXG actually expanding (TXG was bought out by CC??) - I seem to recall someone mentioning on a while ago that Club Champion have some tie-in now with Golf Principles here, so it seems CC are making a push in Britain now

I’ve no idea if this is good or bad or affects anything in reality - I do vaguely recall from occasionally seeing WRX that Club Champion have its naysayers tho