missing left and right

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
With my shorter clubs i keep missing left (sometimes big left) and the longer clubs i get a straight push (driver especially) i know the obvious answer is too much from the inside but according to track man my swing path is 2 degrees from the inside. its killing me. Any ideas?

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If your swing path is on average only 2º from the inside that's not in bad shape at all, wouldn't without something else going on produce real 'over-draws'! :)

Check the ball position isn't a little ways to far back in the stance.

Check that the leading edge of the face is really square to the target line & it's not 'toed in" some at address.

Check the grip, don't want the right hand under the handle so the crease between right forefinger & thumb is pointing outside the right shoulder.

Check the parallel left body alignment, you don't want the shoulders to be aimed directly at target but parallel left of the ball/target line.

Check the hands & wrists aren't 'rolling over' some going back at takeaway so shorter flatter backswing as there's a danger then the hands will then roll back over through impact closing the face down.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds familiar,track man is good but no substitute for high speed video,might be an over the top motion and flipping the hands to save it,leads to both shots,well it did in my case.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Remember too that Trackman numbers are only 'at impact' - and averages at that! You could be coming much more in-to-out on the real bad ones. As above, A GC2 (with HMT) will track that better.