Mini Driver User Reviews

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
As per thread title really.

Saw an Aeroburner mini used today and was really impressed with how it went.

Chap in question was a 2 handicapper who dropped his driver completely for one.

How do you find them?

How do you find the distance from the tee compared to your driver?

Any opinions on this kinds of club would be appreciated :thup:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I bought the Aeroburner but on the course I just found the shaft too light and hated the club. As AG did a money back guarantee at the time I returned it and bought the Callaway 1.5 Mini Driver which I really like!

Wooky

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used a 14 degree Aeroburner mini on tight holes & short par 4 holes.
It is extremely accurate & nearly as long as my main driver.
Early days yet & I am unsure if I will continue to carry 2x drivers, if I can master hitting the mini off the deck, then I will probably keep it in the bag.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like my 16 degree SLDR. I use it as a 3 wood and off the tee only.

I used to have a taylormade r11 3 wood but wasn't confident with it off the deck so always tended to go with my 3h instead, and didn't like it off the tee.

Mini driver therefore makes sense as I can use it confidently off the tee.

I went for 16 degrees so it's comfortably shorter than my driver.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use an AeroBurner 16 degree in place of a 3 wood. I never try to hit it off the turf. For tight par 4's it is excellent, very straight, maybe 30 yards or so behind my driver.
The club itself is very light and seems to respond better to a commited swing and when you do this it goes very well indeed with a nice flight. I am glad I bought it.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a SLDR Mini 14', loved hitting it but it just went far too high. I probably didn't have the right shaft and/or loft but the club I did like. Would love a go with a 12' model but an indulgence I can't afford. Besides, the Super LS is a monster.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I've been really wanting to try the callaway 1.5 over the last few weeks but nowhere to try it out (& typically with my Cally driver I've barely missed a fairway in the last 4 rounds either) but cant shake the feeling that I want something shiney

The TM doesn't appeal, for those that have tried both how much better/worse is the Callaway? and what length is the shaft

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gareth I bought a 3deep callaway 3wood, I realise it's not a mini driver, but the thing goes as far as my driver with a great flight, easy off the t and fairway. Picked it up for 50 quid like new.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
16 degree standard R Shafted SLDR mini in my bag for over a year now.
No urge to change it or remove it.
Very forgiving, easy to hit club that, for me, delivers the right length from the tee on most courses through the year.
The driver (SLDR 12 Std) delivers more as you should expect, and I find myself reaching for it more often now as roll starts to become rare and I get fed up hitting 200+ into par 4's (we only have 2 par 4's under 400). The driver is a lot less forgiving despite the larger face.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
16 degree standard R Shafted SLDR mini in my bag for over a year now.
No urge to change it or remove it.
Very forgiving, easy to hit club that, for me, delivers the right length from the tee on most courses through the year.
The driver (SLDR 12 Std) delivers more as you should expect, and I find myself reaching for it more often now as roll starts to become rare and I get fed up hitting 200+ into par 4's (we only have 2 par 4's under 400). The driver is a lot less forgiving despite the larger face.

Do you carry both Duncan? Or choose one or the other depending on what you want on the day?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've been really wanting to try the callaway 1.5 over the last few weeks but nowhere to try it out (& typically with my Cally driver I've barely missed a fairway in the last 4 rounds either) but cant shake the feeling that I want something shiney

The TM doesn't appeal, for those that have tried both how much better/worse is the Callaway? and what length is the shaft

I posted earlier that I've owned both. I got my money back on the Aeroburner as I just didn't like it on the course, bought the Callaway and its, for me, a hugely better club

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a 12 degree aeroburner mini with the stock stiff shaft.

I have dropped driver completely, i did have a SLDR but it was a bit wild. What the AB has done has made me focus more on the strike due to the smaller head. I used to just lash the driver as hard as i could.

Distance wise, its decent, getting about 240 with some decent roll out, say 260. Flight is nice and low, i deliberately want this and tee the ball very low. Consistency wise, its excellent, I am finding much more fairways and misses are nowhere near as wild.

Off the deck it is usable, You do need a favorable lie, but 500 yard par 5's i can still go for in two and find them.

For me, as a wild inconsistent driver of the ball, its brilliant. Best buy i have made. Next club down is a 5w BTW.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd say it's very dependant on swing speed, if you can bang it out there then this is a great alternative, if your a relatively short hitter then it will do you no more favours than a well struck 3 wood, I've had the 12 degree mini and aeroburner and they are 20 yards behind a good drive, I'm very average distance off the tee so couldn't give up the distance.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well, I've just taken a Cally Mini Bertha 14° with a stiff shaft on the course for a bit of a trial...
In all honesty it does nothing that my 16° Big Bertha 3 wood can't do and the 3 wood does it better
For me.
Might be totally different for someone else, it really is a club you have to try..