Mg3 vs Cleveland zipcore

Mjc1981

Visit site
Finally upgrading my wedges.... Narrowed down to mg3s or the Cleveland rtx zipcore. Both look and feel nice. Bit unsure over the rusty face though. Prefer the forged feel of the Cleveland... But only just. Does anyone have any reviews of either of these? (I know they're pretty new on the market)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Finally upgrading my wedges.... Narrowed down to mg3s or the Cleveland rtx zipcore. Both look and feel nice. Bit unsure over the rusty face though. Prefer the forged feel of the Cleveland... But only just. Does anyone have any reviews of either of these? (I know they're pretty new on the market)

Why not Ping, Vokey or Mizuno? Just asking. Are the Zip core forged?

Boomy

Visit site
I tried the MG2’s against the MG3’s and there was no difference to me (in my average golfer hands) so I bought a 50, 54 & 58 MG2 and saved a considerable amount of cash in the process. Amazing wedges, they blow my previous Vokeys out of the park! So much spin and control and very balance weight wise. (All 3 wedges fitted with PJX LZ 6.0 shafts)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Nobody can tell you which wedgs are best for you! You have to be able to try them and work it out for yourself! And I'd include the MG2s in that mix too - as there's likely very little difference except price. That might also be the case with Zipcore vs RTX4. I see little point throwing mone away just to get 'this years model' without actual benefits!

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
I have had a 52 deg zipcore for a while and love it. You get so much grip with it even on short round the green shots. Used to have a Vokey and think the zip core is better.

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got the mg3 in 52,56,60 from the first day they were available. Great wedges and they work well for me.
Wouldn't bother listen other people opinions how much spin they can get from their wedges.
It's about technique, good wedge player will generate plenty or little depending on a shoot is required from him.
Just buy the one you like the look the most, they will be in your bag.
With wedges is not all about the spin