Membership Offer With a Difference

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No. Can see some merits up to the part up to 3 pints a day. Not a good idea and surely some will take advantage and drink/drive. That said the price for 7 day is good and the 15 minute lesson a good tool. A lot of good stuff and only one negative

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I haven't. Quite like the look of it. But maybe would be better to offer a basic membership alongside an "all in" offer.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure theyve done their maths here have they?

Saw this on Twitter and lots of talk of “fake” news etc etc because it’s not on their website apparently and their normal membership fees are around £500

Edit - looks like they are giving one away as well

Interesting talk about tax and VAT they have to pay because they aren’t a members club so this will help them out.

I guess as a member if you are going to spend over £500 at the club over the year it’s a good deal

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16999

It’s a pinned post still on their FBook page, posted last night, looks genuine and I’d imagine if it was fake or hacked they would of took it down.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a few forum meets at Frodsham, they always had a £25winter fee including buggy hire and food, I think it is a privately owned pay and play

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s a good deal even if you don’t play golf
£3.50 approx a pint x3 is £10.50 x 365 days a year is £3,832.50p
Plus your dinner and snacks.
That can’t be right.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think they’ve dropped all dress codes throughout as well. Last couple of times I played it wasn’t in great nick. Wouldn’t be surprised if it closes in the next couple of years

D

Deleted member 21258

Joanne played there with capella and iirc was really cheap a year or two back.

If the offer is true, they aren't going to be making any money on that, could cost them money:unsure:

Surely cant be true.:LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the normal fees are £500, as per LP's post, then the club have another £500 to play with per person taking on this membership. A bit like an all you can eat buffet there will be people who will win but far more will lose. How many are really going to go in every day and drink 3 pints? You may get some push this to the limits but the number who don't come close will likely far exceed the others. It is a good bit of PR for the club, a calculated gamble.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If the normal fees are £500, as per LP's post, then the club have another £500 to play with per person taking on this membership. A bit like an all you can eat buffet there will be people who will win but far more will lose. How many are really going to go in every day and drink 3 pints? You may get some push this to the limits but the number who don't come close will likely far exceed the others. It is a good bit of PR for the club, a calculated gamble.
But isn't it also based on a relatively good take up for new members? If they don't get that surely it's a money loser