Meatloaf

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Don’t know how many times I listened to Bat out of hell on my up to date modern twin cassette Amstrad LP player. Equally putting BOOH back to the beginning So I could hear the song again and sing it reading the words from the LP sleeve. “Paradise by the dashboard light”, where the commentator of the baseball game during the song is played is just pure genius.

RIP Meat.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember in the mid-nineties he had to postpone a concert due to health issues. Then at the rearranged concert he got carted out on a hospital bed. He knew how to laugh at himself. Legend.
Yep, I was at the Wembley Arena show on that tour. He was wheeled onto stage by a lady in a nurse's uniform. That was a great show.

PS. My apologies to BIM for upsetting him by criticising the later Wembley show. I meant no disrespect, and fully appreciate it wasn't Meat Loaf's fault that the sound was so bad. Just a shame that it's my most recent memory of him.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One of my favourite misheard lyrics....sorry to everyone because once you've heard it you can never u hear it..

I'm going down the highway like a battering ram on a Cilla Black Phantom bike........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RIP Meat....:cry:

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
One of a generation of proper showmen & women who knew what the crowd was there for and gave it to them by the bucketload that are sadly slowly leaving us. I am truly grateful that I've been fortunate enough to have lived through this era. RIP Meat, thanks for the memories.
I wasn't a fan, but Deadringer kicked it up a rock notch and I very much more appreciated the comeback.

But, Bat out of Hell wasnt for me, wife was a fan, it was as near rock as she got, so Meat came to Aberdeen Capitol in the hmmmmm, late 80s? I went only cos she'd tagged along to Iron Maiden and a couple of others, I have to say, what a superb show, over 2 hours on stage before the encore, brilliant.

I feel old today :cry:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I bought the Bat out of Hell album on vinyl about 1979, it didn’t leave my record deck for months. Today I played the whole album for the first time in about 30 years, and pretty much sang every song word for word, awesome album indeed.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was never a fan of his music personally. I ‘get’ it and admire It etc. it’s just not for me.

However. I always thought he seemed a top bloke. Never took things to seriously and was Quick to have a laugh etc.

So RIP.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I listened to BOoH earlier - gosh how it seems I know just about every word of the damn thing...I can remember buying it.

And Two Out of Three...well when listening I almost shed a little tear reflecting back to 1977 when I was still living at home with my parents.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Being in the navy in the 80s Meat was a true legend. Every Naffi sold out of bat out of hell week in week out. Didn’t know a single matlot who didn’t own a copy. A true legend RIP sir.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Deadringer for Love never came off the record player in our 6th form common room in 1982. Anyone who didn't like it was taught the error of their ways.

Grizzly

Visit site
There was a great documentary on him on BBC Four last night - think I liked was his story of spending the 80s playing any blues bar that would have him to pay the bills. He didn't seem to mind the idea one bit.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
One of my favourite misheard lyrics....sorry to everyone because once you've heard it you can never u hear it..

I'm going down the highway like a battering ram on a Cilla Black Phantom bike........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RIP Meat....:cry:
My favourite misheard lyric from the 1970s

10CC

Art for arse ache
Money for guts ache

Sorry.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Meathead died of Covid. He was anti-mask and reportedly anti-vax and anti-lockdown too. “If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled,” he said a couple of months ago. He hasn't much control now.