Me V Rory (he wins)

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
In preparation for the new season and me becoming a competitive golfer again i was messing about with the V1 app today. I've never really analysed my swing before, always had the impression it was a little flat but it got me down to 5 before and i get a pretty consistent flight. I always thought i could squeeze another 10 yards out of it though.

So stupidly i compared my swing to Mr Mcilroy.

I'm only using him as a comparison, i don't intend to copy his swing. I seem to get into a reasonably good position at the top compared to him but the most apparent thing is the legs.

His seem to maintain much more rigidity than mine, although i try to keep my right knee flexed. Through the ball i notice that my knees are much closer together than his too.

Is this the key to me eeking out a few extra yards? A more rigid bottom half?

Ta in advance (and it was a bad jumper day)

Attachments

• 2012-02-19_21-04-23.jpg
    2012-02-19_21-04-23.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 2012-02-19_21-03-37.jpg
    2012-02-19_21-03-37.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 2012-02-19_21-00-40.jpg
    2012-02-19_21-00-40.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 99

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You would do well to maintain your right knee flex in the backswing, ideally you should not see any gap between the legs at the top, viewed down the line. This is a sign that you are straightening the right leg and over rotating the hips thus losing torque and balance.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You would do well to maintain your right knee flex in the backswing, ideally you should not see any gap between the legs at the top, viewed down the line. This is a sign that you are straightening the right leg and over rotating the hips thus losing torque and balance.

I disagree. His right leg in pic2 looks like it has a ton of flex still, any more and he'd fall over! ;)

I'd rather see it straighter but rotating properly.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I disagree. His right leg in pic2 looks like it has a ton of flex still, any more and he'd fall over! ;)

I'd rather see it straighter but rotating properly.
I disagree. How much gap can you see between Rory's legs? You can see a ton between Granters.

Anyhow, How about giving the OP an answer rather than picking at mine.