MD Golf Superstrong Combo Set

Drains

Visit site
Hi,

My first post on this forum but thought i should get some advice (looking more for a 'yeah, you did the right thing' than advice though).

I've just purchased a set of MD Golf Superstrong Combo for £180, hoping i made the right decision.

A bit of background... I've been playing golf on and off with mates for about 6 years and generally go round in ~100, has been as low as 88 (a one off) but also as high as 115. I started playing with a set of Donnays bought from Sport and Soccer for £69 back in 2005. About a year ago my brother gave me a set of fake X16s that he bought from eBay (didnt realise that they were fake upon purchasing) which have done me proud but the heads on the 6 and SW have now fallen off and the rest are bound to follow shortly. I have lost all confidence in the clubs and feel that they are holding me back so wanted a new set.

I will be playing a lot of golf this spring/summer with the plan of consistently hitting mid/low 90s before i join a club.

I decided on the MD Superstrongs because of the great reviews they get and (more importantly) my budget. I had hit them at American Golf beforehand and they felt nice, although to be honest i hadn't had a 'proper' set of clubs before.

Anyway, thats my little story. Hope to be spending more time on these forums as my golf improves and i have questions.

Regards,

Drains

Visit site
Here are the shafts:

Irons - regular flex True Temper Relese steel shafts

Hybrids - Proforce 65 graphite shafts

I'm assuming that is just standard that comes with the clubs but i can change if needed? How will i know if the shafts are 'right' for me?