Md golf irons

T89

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all. I currently use me golf St2 irons which have served me well, Been looking to upgrade and was looking at going against my usual way and forking out for some 714 ap1's

However I have seen me str10 and str15 irons which both look nice yet not much in the way of reviews. Has anyone tried them?

T89

Club Champion
Visit site
thanks for reply, yes I saw these, I currently play ST2 irons just wandered how much of an upgrade these STR10s would be or whether I should save for a "premium" brand

Surely someone games them!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
thanks for reply, yes I saw these, I currently play ST2 irons just wandered how much of an upgrade these STR10s would be or whether I should save for a "premium" brand

Surely someone games them!

Not many in this neck 'game' clubs of any sort! :whistle:

But for value for money, it's hard to get better than MD clubs! Can't comment on the particular clubs, but if you pick the right 'forgiveness/performance' option for what you want, I'm certain you can't go wrong!

D

Deleted member 18588

I do, I am still young enough to game shizzle (shizzle means stuff). Get with the times Grandpa! ;)

Over 35's do not "game" clubs. Nothing worse than the middle-aged trying to hang with the kids.:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 18588

Been gaming MD wedges for past 5 seasons. On my 2nd set of Norman Drews. Can't comment on the irons or woods but deffo recommend gaming the wedges:ears:

"Is there an interpreter in the house?"

seasidehacker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Morning

Just grabbed some STR10s off Ebay (£139) the other day. Only hit about 100 balls so far but I would say I get about an extra 10 yards out of each club compared to my previous King Cobra S9 clubs (that all started to snap). Playing a couple times this week so will have more feedback next week. One thing to look out for is there is no Sand wedge in the pack, but you do get a 4 iron which is quite rare in the cheaper sets....also the 4 iron goes miles. Hope this helps a bit.......and they look great.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had a look at these in a local shop. I'm a big fan of MD clubs and have STR10 hybrids and MD wedges (mix of norman Drew and Seve). Got my dad a set of lower end Seve irons last year and they are excellent forgiving clubs and replaced his old Nike Slingshots with ease.

The STR10 is definately a higher end club. Good build quality and the top line is thin for a more forgiving club. Price doesn't reflect the quality of these really. The grips are multicompound and are good (same on the hybrids and some of the wedges) Very similar to my Wilson Ci11's at address (if anything the topline is thinner). They were £150 of the shelf for a good iron and can be got cheaper! I think you'd be hard pushed to find better brand new club for less than £250 and even then I'd say the difference you purely be down to fitting options and brand name. Don't even worry about the sandwedge because for £25-£30 you can add in a dedicated MD wedge.

Hobbituk

Visit site
Sad! Very sad!!

I also cried at the incorrect use of 'role' over 'roll'

that's the irony - many older peeps have a pop at the language being used, but still can't spell and/or use the right words grammatically

I remember reading someone being chastised for saying 'u is' and then the correction saying it should be 'you are or your' :rolleyes:

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
I've had a set of STR 10's for about a year, stiff rifle shafts and can honestly say they are by far the easiest irons to hit I have ever used, bought them with a 15* STR 10 3 wood, 18* STR 10 hybrid and a 50* STR 3 wedge, payed less than £300 for the lot.