McIlroy

Boomy

Visit site
Daily fantasy sports (DFS) on Draftkings (DK)

Basically fantasy football but for a golf tournament, pick 6 players with a budget of 50k and they score points based on eagles/birdies etc, birdie streaks, bogey free rounds, finishing position etc

Thanks for that ? sounds good fun. Must look it up, and you put bets on it? I like to put bets on each week, just small each way but adds to the fun.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks for that ? sounds good fun. Must look it up, and you put bets on it? I like to put bets on each week, just small each way but adds to the fun.

they run different price point comps for each tournament, price to buy a team can be anything from $1 to $25k!!!!! (in $ as mainly american sites)

the big comp this week they run is $25 to buy a team, winner will get $1m. will get 120,000 entries roughly, its big business in the US but can play for whatever stakes suits you

Sand Trapped

Visit site
The $5 DK tournies are good fun - keeps you engaged in those players lower down in the field. If all 6 make the cut, you're doing well!

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think that Rory will win a few more majors.
I'm no expert but from what I've seen there are two things that might make a difference.
One, a different caddie. How do we know how he reacts to advice from the caddie. Is it because he cannot be told, and thinks he knows best? As has been suggested, a top rated caddie such as Steve Williams could help him a great deal.
Two, his putting always let's him down. When Tiger at his best, he hardly missed a putt, hence winning majors. Jordan Speith when on his winning streak, sinking putts from anywhere, he never missed. Now, just like Tiger when he came back from injury, missing too many putts.
Usually, whoever wins on the Sunday has putted very well.
Apart from the majors and Ryder Cup I don't bother watching much golf, unless of course if Rory is playing. It's so frustrating watching him missing so many birdie chances. Which puts pressure on the rest of his game. That's where a top caddie would help by getting his mind right.

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
I think that Rory will win a few more majors.
I'm no expert but from what I've seen there are two things that might make a difference.
One, a different caddie. How do we know how he reacts to advice from the caddie. Is it because he cannot be told, and thinks he knows best? As has been suggested, a top rated caddie such as Steve Williams could help him a great deal.
Two, his putting always let's him down. When Tiger at his best, he hardly missed a putt, hence winning majors. Jordan Speith when on his winning streak, sinking putts from anywhere, he never missed. Now, just like Tiger when he came back from injury, missing too many putts.
Usually, whoever wins on the Sunday has putted very well.
Apart from the majors and Ryder Cup I don't bother watching much golf, unless of course if Rory is playing. It's so frustrating watching him missing so many birdie chances. Which puts pressure on the rest of his game. That's where a top caddie would help by getting his mind right.

BINGO
BINGO
BINGO
I win :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder how much difference a caddy really makes. Matsuyama managed to win the Masters with a mate he gets to carry his clubs and keep his mouth shut. :unsure:

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder how much difference a caddy really makes. Matsuyama managed to win the Masters with a mate he gets to carry his clubs and keep his mouth shut. :unsure:
Really depends on the golfer I suppose.
Thanks for contributing to the discussion. ?

D

Deleted member 1147

Tiger only needed a man to get distances, and chose his own clubs.
Williams was renowned for finding distance from all sorts of weird and wonderful locations.
He did ok

AussieKB

Visit site
I was just paraphrasing what was reported when Matsuyama won. They said Matsuyama does his own yardages etc and his caddy effectively just carries the bag around for him.
At the end of the day it's the idiot holding the club that makes the difference.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That's a bit of an assumption really, how do you know he kept his mouth shut?
He would do if he was applying Seve's 'caddy rules'...Show up, Keep up, Shut up! All players are different, so caddy needs to be smart enough to comply. Matsuyama, prob in Seve style, probably only wanted a bag carrier and occasional chat style. Westwood, a carrier and the togetherness. Others, confirmation of line on greens etc for the additional confidence that give a player.

Visit site
I just can’t understand how a player of Mcilroy’s calibre is so dreadful with a wedge in his hand.

How do you miss WIDE of the green? With a wedge? It’s hard to get my head around.

1st hole… Bogey as a result. It’s baffling. 0DE6AAA4-8FC9-47A7-89D9-D8B56FE0BB05.jpeg

sunshine

Visit site
I just can’t understand how a player of Mcilroy’s calibre is so dreadful with a wedge in his hand.

How do you miss WIDE of the green? With a wedge? It’s hard to get my head around.

1st hole… Bogey as a result. It’s baffling. View attachment 41749

Hmmmn. The pin was right at the back and isn't that a run off back left? I haven't seen the shot but did it actually pitch fairly close to the flag but was just too agressive and rolled away?

Nevertheless, I would be disappointed missing the green from 125 in those conditions.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Hmmmn. The pin was right at the back and isn't that a run off back left? I haven't seen the shot but did it actually pitch fairly close to the flag but was just too agressive and rolled away?

Nevertheless, I would be disappointed missing the green from 125 in those conditions.
It was a poor shot for a single figure handicap golfer. it was a poor shot for an ex world number 1.