McDonald Portal

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone played and stayed recently? Looking at a Sunday driver next month with a couple of mates. Did a Sunday driver about 6/7 years and enjoyed it and wondered if it's still ok.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played it in September last year but unfortunately it was torrential rain so there was a lot of standing water by the end of the round. It looked in decent enough nick otherwise though.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Championship course is OK, stay away from the other course (Premier) as its gone really down hill, shame as its a good layout!
Carden Park in Chester is a better set up now...

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Only avoid if wet. Other than that it’s a decent venue for a trip that isn’t too difficult for the odd occasional golfer without being too easy for ‘regulars.’

The Fader

Visit site
While since I played - but from memory, I enjoyed the Premier course (away from the hotel) more than the Championship course (adjacent to hotel) which I found to be mostly bland and a bit soulless. The 9 hole Arderne course is OK for a bit of a warm up to the main event.

Can't comment on current course conditions.

Always found the hotel comfortable with reasonable food and a decent pool area. Pocket might feel like its had open wallet surgery when you buy a round of drinks!!