Matt Kuchar

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Obviously he was in the wrong here, but if an amateur had hit that walked up and seen the ball was embedded they would seek relief under the new rule. That rule should be clarified that the ball has to be embedded by it's own momentum. My opinion is it doesn't matter how it becomes embedded it either is or it isn't, you should either get relief from all or none atall.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Obviously he was in the wrong here, but if an amateur had hit that walked up and seen the ball was embedded they would seek relief under the new rule. That rule should be clarified that the ball has to be embedded by it's own momentum. My opinion is it doesn't matter how it becomes embedded it either is or it isn't, you should either get relief from all or none atall.

Said that to my mate there. We would have no clue if we teed off over a small hill.

Ricky said as much too. Its embedded but not in it's own plug mark.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Said that to my mate there. We would have no clue if we teed off over a small hill.

Ricky said as much too. Its embedded but not in it's own plug mark.
Yeah my opinion is the ball is either embedded or it isn't, does it matter how it actually became embedded and like you say an amateur would have a clue who's pitch mark it was so would take relief anyway

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Another rule which could now potentially open a can of worms, how do you know that is your pitch mark where your ball us embedded :ROFLMAO: Simplify the rules yet make them more controversial than ever

D

Deleted member 15344

He certainly isn’t doing well in the PR stakes at the moment , Mickleson has been doing what he did for decades and getting away with , good to see the ref stand up to him and as soon as he saw the telly pics that should have been it done and dusted

Mark Roe though - tit , I’ll wait for you to say the same stuff to other players asking for rulings

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another rule which could now potentially open a can of worms, how do you know that is your pitch mark where your ball us embedded :ROFLMAO: Simplify the rules yet make them more controversial than ever
The rule for an embedded ball on closely mown area hasn't changed at all.

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Couldn't believe my eyes, all played out on camera. What a nob. Imagine what he gets up to that goes unseen.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw that, what the hell was he talking about!? Trying to claim that having rolled into a divot his ball had somehow made a deeper pitch mark in it despite rolling there? How did he keep a straight face? :LOL:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
H'mm! To me he was trying it on a bit, but there's not really any harm in that. He was actually joking/joshing with the RO, as opposed to seriously arguing the point.

Worth a try to get a better lie, but no probs if it's turned down... What would Seve have done...I'm pretty certain he'd have had a go at getting relief!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
We’ve often seen tour Pro’s chancing their arm with refs but this is pretty extreme. He must’ve known after first seeing the footage it wasn’t going to happen but he kept pushing to string it out to 10 mins

Maybe time to add a penalty for spurious relief claims or excess time wasting

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looks to me like it popped up and then rolled back into the pitch mark. If they are saying it’s a pitch mark that was already there then where’s his pitch mark?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Looks to me like it popped up and then rolled back into the pitch mark. If they are saying it’s a pitch mark that was already there then where’s his pitch mark?

His argument was that he could see two indentations within the same set of pitch marks so that meant it might be imbedded in his own.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
His argument was that he could see two indentations within the same set of pitch marks so that meant it might be imbedded in his own.

Reports I read said he suggested his ball might have made a subsequent pitch mark, after his initial pitch mark, as the ball bounced along the fairway. He didn't dispute it wasn't his original pitch mark

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I don’t think he argued his point very well. The pitchmark probably wasn’t round because the ball enters it at an angle, moves forward through the ground and then jumps out, leaving an oblong indentation. It’s impossible to say from the video I saw that there was already an identical pitch mark present before his ball arrived