Matrix black tie

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I purchased one of these for 20 quid on eBay as a means to an end...

My current Aldila tour green was looking a bit frayed and I was worried it could snap.

To the point this shat Is the new 7m4 version and although I normally play X in my driver, I figured that I could get away with Stiff as the black tie is renowned for being a big boy shaft.

However after playing 36 holes today. The shaft is like a wet noodle.

That’s not me trying to act the big boy btw. Genuinely the 7m4 was like a regular.

Can I ask if anyone knows if there is a difference between the M3 black ties compared to the new m4 version?

I’ve hit all versions of this shaft in the old version. White red and black and always thought they were pretty boardy. I owned a real deal red tie in X and it was too much for me personally.

This is completely the opposite. Leads me to think I’ve bought a knock off shaft? Or maybe the ‘made for’ shafts are much whippier?

Any help appreciated as I’m about to chuck it in the bin ;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’ve had the M3 Black Tie in stiff in my slider for years. I was fitted for it but when I got recently fitted for the G400 I had Pings stiff shaft and that was like a noodle compared to my Black Tie and was really struggling with it.

I’ve now put the M3 in my G400 and it’s a whole new board game.

I think the M3 is a good proper stiff shaft, I’d be surprised if the M4 in stiff was any less stiff so it might be iffy?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe it’s fake? I’ve had shots of it in the past and always felt it like an iron rod

That’s my suspicion. Or that it’s made for cally and far cheaper than a real shaft.

It looks Legit as they come though.

I hit the 7m3 in an SLDR years back and it was like an scoffold.

When I regripped it the other day it had the barcode stickers hiding under the old grip. Means nothing though.

It’s only 20 sheets though. Just annoyed I wasted a Mcc 4 plus grip on it.

Tight Scotsman...

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've played the M4 in stiff (normal flex for me) as I like a low/low shaft. Found it pretty decent and one I'd say does what it says on the tin. It's a pretty stout shaft and from what you say it leads me to believe something is amiss with yours. For £20 also makes it more the likely. I know you can pick them up from £40/50 easily enough now, but £20 is a steal